Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I narrowed it down to the A/F (air fuel ratio sensor), right?
2) Has anyone used a Germban sensor 234-9120 ($60) OR Kwiksen ($60) sensor (the comparable is the Denso $120 sensor)?

Car: 2008 XT engine. Note: my FXT's MPG has gone down in the last few months before the engine code (P2096). I was averaging 22.5MPG (for two years-plus) and now it runs around 19-21MPG.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,037 Posts
@jluicifer most forum members will say the Subaru ECM works better with a Denso O2 sensor, especially for the front, Air/Fuel sensor.

I suppose you could go with another brand for the rear O2 sensor, as that's not critical for the pre '05. That sensor only monitors the efficiency of the CATs. The '05+ also use the rear O2 sensor for fuel trim, so perhaps a Denso would be advised. :wink:

As to cost. Get your part number here densoautoparts.com. Once you have the part number, you can shop around for the best price. Amazon has pretty good prices with free shipping.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,037 Posts
I narrowed it down to the A/F (air fuel ratio sensor), right?
Assuming you've checked all the other possible causes. :wink:

As to your question:
Has anyone used a Germban sensor 234-9120 ($60) OR Kwiksen ($60) sensor <snipped>
I don't believe I've heard those O2 sensor brands mentioned on the forum. :confused:

P2096 SUBARU - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean
Possible causes:
• Low fuel pressure
• Misfire condition
• Large vacuum leak
• Air leak near sensor
• Plugged catalytic converter
• Lean air/fuel ratio
• Faulty front O2 sensor
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: jluicifer

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300 5spd
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. I read through a few websites and it seems most likely to be the A/F ratio sensor. (I think the loss of 3 MPG was my main reasoning. I did have another issue months before and replaced the fuel cap.)
2. The denso website is pretty user friendly, good stuff.
3. I searched on this forum and no one had posted anything about "germban" or "kwiksen." As for comparable looks, the germban looks the most alike to the Denso's baby blue wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts