Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

My name is Andrew and I recently bought a forester for my wife. We love it.
Sitting inside it, it feels brand new. I had some questions that I thought you all would probably be able to answer.

I am planning on following the steps described in the solved window noise for sure thread. hopefully this will help with the noise. However, I plan on patching the gusset because it has torn on the drivers side.

I am a little confused about these things: body style and air intake.

as far as the body style, my 04 seems to look an awful lot like an 03 and I thought they changed the body style in 04.

while i was waxing the car, i included the air intake on the hood. this thing kept the green color of the turtle wax and even after several bouts of buffing, it has a subtle greeness to it that is annoying the hell out of me. Do any of you know how to fix it?

thanks so much, I am very happy to join this forum.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,735 Posts
Welcome. Just try to wipe that Forester XT turbo smile off your wife's face:).

·
Registered
2005 FXT
37 Posts
Hey welcome and just to let u know u have the best model of all. 03-05 are the best, jajajaja:woohoo:

·
Registered
05 WRX STI
200 Posts
The air intake is plastic and does not like to be waxed. Try Plexus which is a plastic polish . That seems to work on mine.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,748 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

As to waxing the scoop. No problems waxing the scoop on either of our Foresters. We wax it the same as the hood. Perhaps it has to do with the white paint? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2004 XT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha, thanks everyone. its a really great car. its a one owner that had the seats upgraded to leather. im just worried because the more i read about the xt, the less i get the impression that it is capable of being a high mileage vehicle.

i bought it at 127k, and im worried that it wont make it to 200k. it runs like a charm and the previous owner babied it and took it to every possible service.

Im really praying we can get it to 250-300k.

you should take that one, and give your wife your car...
haha, i ride a bicycle. i baby her.

·
Premium Member
04 XT 6spd
946 Posts
why dont you stop worring and start enjoying. Just take care of it and maintane the best you can. Cross the bridge when you get there. :chair:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts