Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Foz Ltd CVT
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told that I can spend only $90 and receive undercoating and waxing, with coverage of paint and interior damage, including failed, damaged paint & punctured or ripped leather.
Here it is called the Northwest Protection Package.
I don't know how long, but even a couple years would be worth it.

Does anyone have experience with this service?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,775 Posts
That sounds too good to be true.

The paint protection alone would be worth it... the paint is thin on the 2014 Forester, so you will get scratches.

·
Registered
2014 Foz Ltd CVT
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking it's worth the "insurance" for doggie leather damage.
But yeah, the paint for sure.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I goggled 'Northwest Protection Package'. If you can get it for $90, you're paying too much somewhere else.

Personally, I never buy protection packages offered by dealers of any kind. You never really know what you're getting.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,021 Posts
Personally, I never buy protection packages offered by dealers of any kind. You never really know what you're getting.
This. And will they put swirls on the paint putting it on. I'd pass.

·
Registered
2014 Foz Ltd CVT
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Driveski, I searched here and Google and found nothing directly related. Just some other car forums discussing such packages, ranging from $200 - $1200.

I guess I am enamored by the leather damage "insurance", especially with 2 dogs.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
10 Posts
Driveski, I searched here and Google and found nothing directly related. Just some other car forums discussing such packages, ranging from $200 - $1200.

I guess I am enamored by the leather damage "insurance", especially with 2 dogs.
I would be willing to bet that this doesn't cover damage to the leather caused by anything that you (or your animals) may do. It most likely covers punctures and rips that are caused by a factory malfunction causing damage or were present from the factory (hard to prove!), and I suspect that it is already covered in the bumper-bumper. I could be completely wrong about this, but for that price they are either screwing you somewhere else on the price, or it is a BS coverage that doesn't actually cover anything. Otherwise there would be no way to make money on a warranty like that, and bottom line, they are going to make money.

Just my thoughts. I was burned once on an extended warranty from a dealer that didn't actually cover anything at all once you broke down the fine print and checked all the possible reasons for exclusion. Luckily I read the info before my 3 day window was up, and marched right back in to the dealer and demanded they cancel the warranty/update my loan amount. They tried REALLY hard not to. They knew...they knew.:icon_confused:

·
Registered
2014 Foz Ltd CVT
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I here ya, turbo. That's why I was researching this, online.
I was told that if we or the dogs puncture, chew, etc. the leather interior, it would be replaced.
I find this hard to believe, especially for $90.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,021 Posts
I here ya, turbo. That's why I was researching this, online.
I was told that if we or the dogs puncture, chew, etc. the leather interior, it would be replaced.
I find this hard to believe, especially for $90.
If its in writing..go for it. Otherwise it didn't happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts