Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Outback 4AET
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Daniel and I'm from Dexter, Michigan. I joined this site to seek out information towards what could be my next car. I currently drive a 2000 Volvo S70 as my Daily Driver and a 1999 Subaru Outback that I share with my little brother (he owns it now). Once I complete my job training for the Army during the summer, I plan on trading in the Volvo for something more spacious with All Wheel Drive. I am leaning towards a 03-05 Forester with a 5 speed (both the cars above are slush boxes) but I still have about half a year before I actually shop around. That's my introduction and hopefully, what I learned on this site will be helpful in my decision later this year.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm also a new member here as well, just in the last month purchased my first Forester, a 2004 XS 5 speed. You'll find a great deal more knowledge here than I can provide, but from my own experiences so far, you willl love it! Once again welcome to the forums, and enjoy your time here with us

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
193 Posts
My best to you in your endeavor and also my thanks for your service.

I have owned my 2014 Forester for a week now and I love it. I've always liked the Forester since it was introduced and after all these years I've finally got one. A friend of mine has what I believe is an '03 Forester with over 270K miles on it and is still on the original clutch. He maintains it and has had no problems with it.

While my son was deployed in Iraq after his advanced training, he saved his salary for the year along with his enlistment bonus. He bought a 2008 Tribeca and is still driving it with well over 100K miles on it and he has had very few issues - it has been very reliable.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you drive it in good health and enjoy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts