Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at all the choices, I think the Forester is the best vehicle for me. It's not too big but has tons of utility. I checked out the Mazda3 and while it's a nice vehicle, I don't think it'll be big enough for me down the line. Decided against a used Forester b/c I wanted a second row with more leg room, and side curtain airbag coverage for rear passengers.

I'm going to wait for the 2011 Foresters to hit the dealer lots. If they end up being a substantial improvement over the 2010, I'll buy a 2011. If not, I'll try to get a deal on a 2010.

I went on Edmunds.com to price out a Forester and I was thinking about the accessories. Thought I'd get the following:

Package F9E: Rear bumper cover; Cargo tray; Luggage compartment cover; Splash guards;

B8A: Floor Mats, All Weather

I tend to haul back stuff from Home Depot, and I want to upgrade the landscaping in my front lawn and expand the garden, so having the bumper cover and cargo tray are pretty much a must for all these activities. Decided on the All Weather floor mats too. I've got the Original Equipment mats in my Accord and they are just too hard to get clean from all the dust and dirt I track in.

Any other suggestions?

Other items I might want:

All-Weather Package: Includes heated body-color exterior mirrors, multi-level heated front seats and windshield wiper de-icer. Worth it? I do deal with harsh winters.

Cargo nets to keep items from rolling around.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
If you live in a cold climate with snow, I suggest the winter package.

·
Registered
2015 Forester premium
63 Posts
That's about the way my MY09 is equipped. The all-weather package gives you the heated seats- great on an aching back after a hard day's work, and in the winter.

Subaru thought of a lot of small things tat make the Forester great. Ex.- the small recesses in each side wall of the cargo area that are perfect sized for a gallon of milk- helps keep them from flying as you enjoy spirited driving!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses!

That's about the way my MY09 is equipped. The all-weather package gives you the heated seats- great on an aching back after a hard day's work, and in the winter.

Subaru thought of a lot of small things tat make the Forester great. Ex.- the small recesses in each side wall of the cargo area that are perfect sized for a gallon of milk- helps keep them from flying as you enjoy spirited driving!
How do the heated seats work? I am wondering how the driver turns them on, and how the warmth level is adjusted.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
^ there are two little controls on the center console you just push up or down to the desired warmth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts