Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

441 - 447 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
104 Posts
This may have been covered somewhere in this thread already, but I haven't found it yet.

Are yall re using the stock vapor barrier or are you replacing that with the raam mat or other material?

IS the Polyfill waterproof?

·
Registered
2006 Forester
43 Posts
What materials and locations did you do underneath the carpet?
I used the Raamat on the floor pan, including under the rear seat, and on the cargo hatch floor. I also used it in the spare tire well, and on top of the gas tank [underneath the car]. I left a cut out under the rear seat for access to the fuel filter. I did not double with Ensolite, and I had no difficulty with the carpet reinstall. I kept the carpet insulator pad and actually think it is integral to the structure of the formed carpet.

·
Registered
2013 Forester, Auto
22 Posts
This may have been covered somewhere in this thread already, but I haven't found it yet.

Are yall re using the stock vapor barrier or are you replacing that with the raam mat or other material?

IS the Polyfill waterproof?
Garbages the vapor barrier. It was B**** to take it off carefully and put back on.. i ripped it off and cleaned the glue off and then placed the mats over all the holes.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4spd
108 Posts
I'm running an Invidia n1. I sprayed expanding foam behind the heat shield right over the muffler, helped a ton. Also stuffing roxyl behind interior panels does amazing things for mid bass!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the forum, so hi guys. my question is are people leaving the vapor barrier on or are they throwing it in the garbage after installing the dynamat?
I can't speak to Foresters specifically but I've always just tossed vapor barriers -- the only vehicle I've ever had an issue with in that regard was a 1985 Volvo with poopty window seals -- eventually the fiber board door panel rotted out at the bottom, but we're talking about a 35 year old car.

On everything else, and especially cars with plastic door panels, I've experienced no such issues.

·
Registered
2016 Forester Limited CVT
64 Posts
LOL! I spent a few weekends putting sound dampening in my doors and hatch. It just seemed to make the car noisier. As I installed dampening from front to rear of the car, the noise just seem to only come from the rear. I even put dampening in the rear quarter panels and polyfill in the interior of the wheel wells. I was disappointed....

One day my wife gets in the car and says, "your car is so noisy, how can you stand it?" Turns out a wheel bearing started to go at the same time I started to install the dampening --- Replaced one rear bearing and the car is pretty quiet and the music sounds great!

441 - 447 of 447 Posts