Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to start a journal on my 99 Foz swap. Only had the car for bout 8 months but ever since I got it I wanted to swap it. Head gaskets went and my prayers were answered. This is a long term build as I have a family and bills like the most of us and plan to take my time and build it the way I want which is expensive but I don't wanna budget build a car and expect it to be fast and cheap? Doesn't work that way. Anyways onto my progress so far.

10/22/2013
I have stripped the wrx down to suspension being the only thing left, wasn't much to start with lol. Have the dash and wiring out of my foz also so Im ready to pull the fender and start routing the wrx wiring at this point.

My Foz:

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working on pics. Gotta get the little one off of angry birds before I can get my phone back lol

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have more pics but i gotta upload to photobucket first. I have a for sale thread also for people who need some parts from the foz. Mainly stuff im not gonna need after the swap.

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I have looked around but cant find a definite answer. I have the complete front end of the wrx available so my ? is can I use the control arms when I swap the crossmember? Ive read other people swaps and they say they use the stock forester but have to shim them so I am wondering why we cant use the wrx arms?

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not much progress made lately. Im working on getting the wrx all the way gutted and gone so I have more room. Foz is in the garage now and hopefully this weekend I can make some headway.

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On a positive note, I traded a motor and a couple hundred for this shell. I found 3/4 infinity kappa component speakers, greddy boost gauge, hks turbo timer, vishnu xede piggyback programmer, and whiteline front and rear sway bars. I was kinda stoked.

·
Registered
99 Forester 5 Speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This post didn't age well. Bought a house and sold my project back in 2014. I bought a wrx bugeye hatch in 2015 but sold it also as rust took over. Just picked up a 07 FXT last week tho so new Fozsti on the horizon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts