Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

321 - 338 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love the foz man! Glad to see it being cared for so good! Are you using sf struts or sg struts? I see you went with the low offset method wheels and 215/75r15 bfg ko2 does the offset help the tires clear the sf struts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just read this whole thread.. haha.. Awesome looking Fozz..! I’ve got a 99L. It’s maroon and I’m doing bronze wheels eventually and Raptor Lining the whole exterior matched to factory color... I’ll be spraying it with a conventional spray gun so it won’t have that super rough texture, it’ll be something very mild sort of like the texture on the stock grey bumpers... Raptor liner is very durable and scratch and UV resistant..!!!

Also I’ve had over 20 or so vintage VW’s... nothing like cruising around in an old air cooled dub..!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated the tread, everyone!

@Frstrgmp2016 I'm running the stock SF struts on the Forester. The tire size probably wouldn't fit under the perches without the low offset Methods from the looks of it, but I'm not 100% sure of this. I know my old grabber at2 spare on the stock steelie was a very tight squeeze, and that was a bit smaller than my BFG's.

@Affende Thank you so much! I love the look of them as well, but miss the poke of the wheels haha.

@StephenMoore009 Thank you for making it through my entire thread haha! Maroon and bronze will be a killer combo (one of my favorites). Also, I LOVE that slammed late bug. Were you running a narrow adjustable beam up front? I'd love to get mine that low.

Recent pic of the bug for fun:

Beach day with the Foz a few months back:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Snazzy looking bug!
Nice work with the flares.

For some reason I can't see the pics in Tapatalk. Just a smiley as a place holder 🙂.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
New update!

I had a slightly depressing trip to the car wash yesterday, which resulted in one of my Hella 500ff's breaking off. I don't really think it was the car wash's fault, as the plastic housings were starting to get brittle and spider-cracked anyways. In the process of taking them off, I discovered an incredible amount of rust behind the lenses, and these lights are only 4 years old.

I took it as an opportunity to do some subtle upgrading.

Sad face:

Pretty serious corrosion:

Took the opportunity to sand down and repaint the light brackets while the grille was out:

I went ahead and repainted the grille too, and FINALLY painted the emblem satin black to match the rear emblems. So much better:

New Hellas are on their way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
@WRDrew @Frstrgmp2016 I'm running the stock SF struts on the Forester. The tire size probably wouldn't fit under the perches without the low offset Methods from the looks of it, but I'm not 100% sure of this. I know my old grabber at2 spare on the stock steelie was a very tight squeeze, and that was a bit smaller than my BFG's.
Are you using any spacers with these wheels? I have the same forester as you. I'm currently running KYB GR2 (SF) struts and King raised height springs, courtesy of the previous owner! Also, where do you have issues with rubbing if any?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Are you using any spacers with these wheels? I have the same forester as you. I'm currently running KYB GR2 (SF) struts and King raised height springs, courtesy of the previous owner! Also, where do you have issues with rubbing if any?
I'm running 3mm spacers all around. The only rubbing I had with the current tires was in the pinch weld inside the front wheel well, but I flattened it down with a hammer.

Looks great, following. (y)
Thank you!

321 - 338 of 338 Posts