Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone predict how my FXT will run if the map for the Prodrive Performance Pack was developed on FXT's running 91 octane - and I gas up on 93?

It's interesting to me that Cobb has maps for 91 and 93.

Will 93 octane make even better power?

Thanks -

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
I got 3-4 more hp across the board when I was with a stage 1 when running the 93 octane map versus the 91 octane map. I had 93 in the tank so the programming does make a small difference. I tried it just for kicks on my third run on the dyno since the first two were pretty much identical on the 93 map.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
I doubt the flash will benefit from higher octane. I would think you'd need to change the timing to take advantage of it.

On the flip side, I don't think it will cause any harm besides to your wallet.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies guys...

i'm stuck - and am trying to make my mind to go with the prodrive flash or the cobb accessport. i know that both are really good. i just think that it may make sense to use an off the shelf map that is designed to work with the type of gas i can get.

any other comments on either flash would be greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Umm...we're currently waiting for it to be released. There were some issues with another customer who I sold the PPP1 to, and we're waiting until it has been completely certified and cleared by Prodrive UK.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roo said:
Umm...we're currently waiting for it to be released. There were some issues with another customer who I sold the PPP1 to, and we're waiting until it has been completely certified and cleared by Prodrive UK.
oh... thanks for the clarification. i thought that the PPP1 for the FXT was finalized...

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
So a Prodrive Performance Pack reflash is an Ecutek reflash? Does that include a "tuner" and dyno time to dial in the tune for the specific vehicle or is it a shelf map? If it's a shelf map I'd say "what are you waiting for? Get the Accessport!"

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
The PPP is an axleback, a third cat delete, a silicon Y-pipe, and a PRODRIVE Ecutek re-flash.

Prodrive is connected to Ecutek in such a manner that they have special access software which can access parts of the ECU that other Ecutek tuners can't touch.

I was thinking about seeing what Simon @ Prodrive could do on Pleiads' Forester once we get a few more go fast bits on there.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roo -

any idea when the kit will be finalized? also - what were the issues that the beta testers encountered?

thanks for the info... :)

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I'm waiting to hear from [email protected]

The issues have something to do with different ROM versions in the ECU. I sent one in for a re-flash, and this issue popped up. Ecutek is working on the solution as this is typed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts