62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I put these on a couple of weeks ago
- Prodrive 4 Pot Calipers
- Godspeed 330mm two piece rotors
- Hawk HPS pads ( Street )
- Hawk DTC 70 Pads ( Track )

330mm rotor compared to XT rotor

Prodrive / 4 pot comparison ( Not mine )

Sorry about lack of installation pics but it was a 10pm start install.. But i washed my car today so I thought I may as well chuck some pics up

The install was a piece of cake with everything bolting straight on and they pull the big bus up great.

I get to retain my 17s so I'm stoked!

I get to test them out in anger in a couple of weeks at a hill climb event I'm entering so I cant wait.

A big thanks to Jason from Dales Alignment in Langley B.C for an easy purchase and shipping transaction :rock:

Cheers.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, those are gorgeous! How much were they and do they make a rear version?
The calipers were $1600ish Canadian dollars and come with a single piece 330mm rotor. I got the Godspeed two piece rotors sent over from the Uk for 500 pounds. Unfortunately there is no rear caliper but I'm going to spray the rears to match.

That is a nice setup! Did you just have factory setup before the upgrade?
No mate I had the WRX 4 + 2 pot upgrade with DBA 5000 two piece rotors. I do a heap of motorsport events and although the old set up pulled me up well I think they were at their limit whick was in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Daddy likey. Got my stoptech setup beat.

Did you swap pads back and forth on the old setup? Do you plan to rebed them each time or are you keeping two sets of rotors?

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daddy likey. Got my stoptech setup beat.

Did you swap pads back and forth on the old setup? Do you plan to rebed them each time or are you keeping two sets of rotors?
Yeah mate I used to swap street / track pads before each event and apart from the initial bedding in I just used to swap the night before and then hit the track without any dramas.
I managed to retain my Quantum Motorsports brake ducts aswell so I'm thinking this setup is going to hold upto the task no problem. ( touches wood )

Cheers for the comments:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Wow, are those delicious!!!!!!!! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT
50 Posts
Hi,

I'm on the prodrive brake setup as well, and have been keeping an eye out for possible rotor replacements as the current (original prodrive) rotors will be wearing out soon.

how did you spec the godspeed rotors? do u have the rotor specifications handy? I'm in singapore, thus i doubt if u will consider selling me your prodrive rotors.. :p

FWIW i found the original prodrive rotors and pads pretty decent for my usage (street and occasional track) but when the pads wore out, i replaced them with the HPS ones.

it's a pity Prodrive did not produce a matching set for the rear... i got the rear brembos off an sti and had them sprayed silver to match.

rgds,
John

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

I'm on the prodrive brake setup as well, and have been keeping an eye out for possible rotor replacements as the current (original prodrive) rotors will be wearing out soon.

how did you spec the godspeed rotors? do u have the rotor specifications handy? I'm in singapore, thus i doubt if u will consider selling me your prodrive rotors.. :p

FWIW i found the original prodrive rotors and pads pretty decent for my usage (street and occasional track) but when the pads wore out, i replaced them with the HPS ones.

it's a pity Prodrive did not produce a matching set for the rear... i got the rear brembos off an sti and had them sprayed silver to match.

rgds,
John
Hey John,

Shoot Ian an email and get a quote for the rotors to suit.
High Performance Brakes - Supplying AP and Brembo brake kits for road and motorsport use
He will know what you are talking about. Because of the strong Aussie $$ at the minute the rotors landed ( took about 10 days ) were just a little bit more than the DBA 5000s to suit the 4 pots so easy decision...
I'll be keeping the prodrive ones for emergency:icon_biggrin:

The Hawk HPS pads are awesome! I was running Hawk HP10s in my 4 pots for the track so I'm looking forward to see how the DTC 70s go, considering they are supposed to be an upgrade from the HP10s which I thought were fantastic.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT
50 Posts
Hey John,

Shoot Ian an email and get a quote for the rotors to suit.
High Performance Brakes - Supplying AP and Brembo brake kits for road and motorsport use
He will know what you are talking about. Because of the strong Aussie $$ at the minute the rotors landed ( took about 10 days ) were just a little bit more than the DBA 5000s to suit the 4 pots so easy decision...
I'll be keeping the prodrive ones for emergency:icon_biggrin:

The Hawk HPS pads are awesome! I was running Hawk HP10s in my 4 pots for the track so I'm looking forward to see how the DTC 70s go, considering they are supposed to be an upgrade from the HP10s which I thought were fantastic.
Hey,

Thanks for the lead - i'm gonna send this out now.

cheers and hv fun with the new brakes!

Rgds,
John

·
Mr. July 2008
1,216 Posts
super sexy brakes. how do those compare to sti brembo take offs?
The Alcons are great compared to the crappy OEM Brembos. Way better modulation, very little NVH out of the box and pretty decent when it came to pad knock back at the track. I liked mine when I had them on the Forester way back when.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your standard usdm impreza sti, or jdm forester sti brembo equivalents.
Ahhh, language barriers :icon_biggrin:, I thought he meant copies!!

I haven't been able to find any specs re clamping force etc. Personally I was more interested in the rotor size as my old set up didn't have any trouble pulling me up just that they were really on their limit. I had smashed a couple of rotors so these seemed the weakest link.
Another guy over here who is a regular in motorsport has a set and swears by them so I thought I would give them a go at the same time retaining my wheels.
As far as brand, Prodrive and Alcon hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Alcons are great compared to the crappy OEM Brembos. Way better modulation, very little NVH out of the box and pretty decent when it came to pad knock back at the track. I liked mine when I had them on the Forester way back when.
From the horses mouth! :icon_biggrin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts