Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.0i N/A CVT
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LS
Recently i have bought a 09/2009 Forester SH (7778 km) with LH driver seat. The driver seat lowered itself a few inches overnight.It is a not electrical but a manual handle.
My dealer put a new driver seat in my car !
But this seat has the same problems :chair:

And ... i donot touch the handle from the lifting device when going in and out the Foz as the dealer suggested:crazy:

Does someone have the same problem ? Causes ?

kind regards from NL
Wim

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
is the handle between your legs or on the side of the seat?

i had a VW van with a handle on the side of the seat. every time i got out of the van, my leg pushed down the handle and the seat lowered a little bit.

by the time i had jumped in and out of the drivers seat a dozen times the seat was all the way down!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frazerjames,
I was told about the VW seat problem. No the handle is deep on the left side and i cannot touch it when i got in and out the car.

kind regards
Wim

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Ok. just wondered. it used to wind me up having to adjust the seat every time i got in.

the VW has now gone. was the worst van i ever had. cost mt £10k in repairs in 2 years of owning it.

have Vauxhall (Opel) Vivaro now. very nice compared to VW.

would be nice if Subaru made a Van!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody has this problem with the driver seat ????????? :confused::confused:

Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LS
Recently i have bought a 09/2009 Forester SH (7778 km) with LH driver seat. The driver seat lowered itself a few inches overnight.It is a not electrical but a manual handle.
My dealer put a new driver seat in my car !
But this seat has the same problems :chair:

And ... i donot touch the handle from the lifting device when going in and out the Foz as the dealer suggested:crazy:

Does someone have the same problem ? Causes ?

kind regards from NL
Wim
Today i had contact with my Subaru dealer : Theo Wenting in Doetinchem ( NL). He offered me again a brand new chair without any hesitation. They will fix it on thursday this week.

kind regards
Wim

·
Registered
2009 forester x premium
23 Posts
I have the same problem with the seat on my 2009 forester and the dealer could not find anything wrong, he suggested it was happening on entrance and exiting. i did not believe it, but i have been testing his theory by raising the seat up all the way on entering then checking it after i make a drive and the seat has not moved, after exiting and entering again i find the seat a bit lower, so again i raise it up to highest level and drive again. it has not yet lowered by driving only exit and enter, so i have to believe the dealer mechanic, but it is maddening. i believe to 2010 x premiums now have power seats, maybe this has resolved the problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid full attention going in and out the car and did not touch the handle.The seat lowers standing in the garage overnight.
But on a 500 km drive to Weimar i noticed that the seat lowered during that 5 hour trip.
It is a Subaru Forester with 3 years warranty and i think it is their problem how the problem should be solved :biggrin:
The dealer wants the problem to be solved :new_multi:
This Foz is my 4th Foz from him :icon_idea:

best regards
Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
RC

Thanks for your proposal.

Don,t misunderstand. The dealer wants the* seat problem * to be solved.I know him for more than 10 years and he has a very good after sale and warranty service.
As allready said : he offered me allready a total new driver seat.

BTW I must confess that i am impressed by the AWD as made by Subaru. I am driving a Foz the last 12 years,before i had Saab and Volvo.And i think that Subaru has the best AWD in this SUV class!
best regards from Nijmegen
Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a new chapter upcoming to the leverage of the driver seat.
This morning my dealer phoned me and told me that Subaru is making a new lever handle for the front seat, after several complaints.
Subaru says it is a problem caused by sitting on the seat and the driver touches the handle :biggrin:
VW had a similar problem with their front seat leverage handle.
They will mount the new handle when it is available in one or two weeks

But i do doubt this because the seat lowers by itself when nobody is touching the car nor the seat :chair:

It is a continuing story i think :icon_rolleyes: :N_poke:

Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today i had a phone contact with the service department from Sabaru Benelux.
They confirmed that there was a problem with the handle and the Japanese manufacterer Subaru have redesigned/manufactured a new handle and will ship it soon to the dealers.
So there will be a recall for all Forester 2009 SH models with the manual lifting device i think.

Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today i had a phone contact with the service department from Sabaru Benelux.
They confirmed that there was a problem with the handle and the Japanese manufacterer Subaru have redesigned/manufactured a new handle and will ship it soon to the dealers.
So there will be a recall for all Forester 2009 SH models with the manual lifting device i think.

Wim
Untill today i did not receive a message from my dealer. regarding the new driver seat handle :chair:
Probably it is to *hot* in China making new handles :mob: :biggrin:

Wim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Untill today i did not receive a message from my dealer. regarding the new driver seat handle :chair:
Probably it is to *hot* in China making new handles :mob: :biggrin:

Wim

Today the dealer mounted a new driver seat with the new handle:new_multi: :biggrin:
There was a mailing from Subaru Benelux to their dealers about the new handle.
As allready posted the seat lowered itself overnight :icon_idea:,so he gave me another new seat, without any hesitation
Wim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts