Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 42k miles on my FXT 4EAT and on the way home from the movies tonight, the cc light was blinking, the check engine line was on, the gear selector and speedo were down (gear selector light was down both in the instrument pod as well as the shifter). I got home, but the car felt like it didnt' want to upshift at all - i was clost 3500-4000 RPMs for most of the ride until i could get off the freeway. When i got home, i couldn't get the car into park or revers so i had to leave the key in the car.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? i'm going to take to the dealership tommorrow morning, but thought I would ping some folks around here.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
was the CEL (check engine light) blinking?

If so, it was in limp home mode.

What gear were you in @ 35-4000 rpms?

Place the car in neutral, and you should be able to remove the key. Make sure the parking brake is engaged, however.

Which dealership are you taking this to?

·
Registered
222 Posts
You may try checking the fuses related to the AT system.
One of my friends had a similar situation on his 06 XT before, turned out to be a blown fuse in the fuse box inside the cabin. (He didn't tell me which though.)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it in neutral with the e-brake on and still no go with ignition releasing the key. The Check Engine light wasn't blinking - it's just stays lit. The cruise control light is blinking. I brought it down to Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City (where I bought it) to get it checked out late this am. I haven't heard from them as of yet.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the Service Manager - there was an issue between the ECM and the TCM which caused the all the above issues. They have ordered the appropriate parts and assured me that this would be covered under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts