Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Forester...Anyone else experienced the remote fob not being able to open the doors or trunk? Had this happen the other day...ended up useing the key (which set off the alarm.) Took to dealer, and couldn't duplicate the problem...checked battery and was good. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,840 Posts
I don't have 2010, but there are times when the remote won't work unless I'm right next to the vehicle, nearly at the window! This usually happens at a school, hospital or medical offices. I'd guess it RF interference. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 ForesterX limited
17 Posts
I had this happen yesterday evening when spending a night at a hotel on our way home after a trip. My dealer said there probably was a lock out due to a security system at the hotel. When we got home it worked fine. The same thing happened to me, when unlocking the door with the key the alarm went off. I then started the car and it went out. If it occurs again I'll take the car to the dealer.

Thomas I

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,071 Posts
I have found that the signal given off by the remote for the powered cart pushers at two of my local grocery stores prevents my remotes from working at all while they are in use. I have to wait for the operator to let off the button to stop the pusher.

First time I did the really!, second time I noticed as soon as the carts came to a stop my key fob worked again. Then I tried it again when he stated to move them again, no go.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,088 Posts
There's a shopping center near where I used to live in Maryland that's right near a TV tower. The remote never worked there. Now, out here in the back woods of New Hampshire, it always works great and frequently surprises me with how much longer its range is than it was in more built-up areas.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Have had similar issues, especially with range. I park on the 3rd level of an 8 level above ground parking garage during the week and some mornings if I think I may not have locked the car, once I'm on street level I can look up press the lock button and see the lights flash so I know all is secure.
Of course other times I can be within 10 feet of the car and must press and move the flob around until it responds.
Figure it's just the electonic world we live in, it's amazing wireless devices work as well as they do.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
First time I did the really!, second time I noticed as soon as the carts came to a stop my key fob worked again. Then I tried it again when he stated to move them again, no go.
:huh: This happened to me last night at Walmart, we parked and walked away and pressed the lock button and nothing happened.. wouldn't lock or unlock from the Fob, my wife tried hers with the same result. I ended up locking it manually and then getting a honking start using the keys. Everywhere else it was fine and I have never had it happen before.

<dirty looks at the cart kid>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts