Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 base X model Forester, with a lever on the left driver's seat side that is used to elevate the seat (jacks it up and down - note, this is not the lever to recline the seat). I jack the seat up to a more comfortable postion... and after some time driving, and after I have gotten in/out of the car once or twice, the seat has moved noticably down, eventually all the way to the bottom. I jack it back up, only to have it happen again.

I took it to the dealer, and they could find nothing wrong with it. Actually, they told me it was not possible for it to happen, and had never had it reported to them before.

Any thoughts from you seat experts? Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're probably right... unfortunately, it's a 2-hour drive to another one, but if I get frustrated enough with it...

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Hmm but you're not the first case of this.. somewhere on this board is another 09 owner with a seat that also lowers itself over time (while he's sitting in it).

·
Registered
2009 Forester XTL
52 Posts
i noticed this with my FXT too. i lost 30 pounds and i stopped noticing the problem. i figured that my fat leg was hitting the lever on the way out of the car.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might indeed be weight-related, but I'm not hitting the lever. I now have it jacked all the way up, if I check the lever it is still all the way up, and the seat is still noticably sinking. Back to the shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 09 Forester seat does the same thing.
I have to "pump" it back up every day or 2.

My old 84 Camry seat did the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts