Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and Gentlemen –

I have a problem, I hope someone can be of help. The vehicle in question is a 2001 Forester ‘S’ with factory 6disc cd stereo. The problem is that the light in the stereo dial does not illuminate anymore.

The stereo light has the same day glow/night illumination as the odometer/trip meter, and the outside temperature gauge, below the speedometer and tach gauges on the dash.

The stereo dial is working fine, it gives all the necessary display playing cd or radio, it just does not light up day or night.

I have seen in this forum how to remove the stereo, and housing. What I need to know is this, is the light in the stereo dial replaceable. If so what’s the best way to go, where to purchase, etc. If not what the best way to go as far as a stereo replacement, etc.

Thanks, for any help, forgive me if it takes a while to respond, I don’t log on often, or might not have the time to respond after reading any post.

·
Registered
2001 forester auto
49 Posts
Stereo Light do not work

Found this old thread. I have the same problem. Anyone know if the light can be changed? Thanks.

Hello ladies and Gentlemen –

I have a problem, I hope someone can be of help. The vehicle in question is a 2001 Forester ‘S’ with factory 6disc cd stereo. The problem is that the light in the stereo dial does not illuminate anymore.

The stereo light has the same day glow/night illumination as the odometer/trip meter, and the outside temperature gauge, below the speedometer and tach gauges on the dash.

The stereo dial is working fine, it gives all the necessary display playing cd or radio, it just does not light up day or night.

I have seen in this forum how to remove the stereo, and housing. What I need to know is this, is the light in the stereo dial replaceable. If so what’s the best way to go, where to purchase, etc. If not what the best way to go as far as a stereo replacement, etc.

Thanks, for any help, forgive me if it takes a while to respond, I don’t log on often, or might not have the time to respond after reading any post.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Automatic
22 Posts
I too would be interested in a fix for this, my recently purchased 2004 XT has a stereo that works great and the main display illuminates but all of the surrounding buttons don't light up...thankfully the massive sunroof lets in enough streetlight light to bath the stereo occassionaly :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
04 FXT 5MT
39 Posts
+1 to this as well. Just picked up an 04 XT and the stereo display lights up but none of the buttons. At night it's like braile pushing buttons and hoping for the best. Also it resets to dim mode everytime I turn the car off, pressing the volume dial in and holding it for a second or two makes it brighter but it's a pain in the ***.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts