Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in need of summer wheels and tyres pretty soon (within 3 weeks) and the only choices that are available right now are the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in gloss black (18x8 ET45) and Prodrive GT1 in 18x7.5 ET48 in bright flitter.
Bear in mind that the GT1 are also made by Team Dynamics so quality and weight of both wheels are similar.
What do you guys think? I am not a fan of gloss black wheels (although I had gloss black GT1's in my previous WRX and they looked nice but I don't think they suit a WR blue car).
A couple of pics of these (last 3 photoshopped - excuse the VW centre caps ;))

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I love the 1.2's in silver and gold... but the bright flitter colour is nice too.
I'd say if those are your only two specific choices and you don't want to refinish them anytime soon, go with the Prodrives.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually silver 1.2 are nice but they will be a pain to clean (the GT1 were already!) The only avalable colour in stock for the 1.2 is gloss black :(
Ideally I would like a set of GC05 or GC07 but with the flight restrictions I don't think they would make it in time. I am changing suspension in 3 weeks and would like to have the car wheel aligned with the summer wheels although it might not be so important as I am having stock wheels now and tyres are almost new - 3.5k miles. In which case I could wait I guess. Although the cost of those GC is at least x2 more than those above.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at some BBS CH-R / CH black edition (I saw a set of matt black ones with very discreet silver lip on a blue RS4 wagon and they looked great) but I haven't found any BBS wheels in 8x18 in the right offset (between 43 and 48) and not sure of their weight either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts