Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd pass this on. Paul is a Scooby guy from way back. I'm sure this would fun not to mention educational:

<--------------------------->

The Primitive Performance Driving, RALLY SCHOOL webpage has been recently updated for upcoming rally driving schools. Our next basic rally driving school is March 24-26, in Hillsboro, OR with a tentative ADVANCED driving school and practice day scheduled for Sat April 15th in Washington and the next basic school for June 9-11th. We hope to do yet another advanced school (open to all cars-not just caged) in August. Please pass this info to anyone who may be interested in getting into the sport or wanting quality seat time..

Click on the link below or link directly from the Primitive Racing site
(www.get-primitive.com) to get additional information and a PRINTABLE school flyer (.pdf format). Typical schools are 2.5 days and very affordable. Bring your own street car, or rent a rally-cross prepped car from PPD for those arriving from out-of-state.

You can contact chief instructor, Paul Eklund at 503-624-2139 or email
[email protected]

Here is the direct link to the school details, flyer, and FAQ's:
www.writerguy.com/primitive/nwrallyschool.htm

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Sounds interesting, and right here in Portland! I have no real intention (yet) to do a lot of rally driving, but it would be fun to learn some additional driving skills, and how to better handle the car in various situations, would this be good for that, or only for someone really looking to get into rallying?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
It's a great class to take for anyone who would like to learn car control, and have fun in the dirt while doing it! Paul is a really great guy, and I would LOVE to attend one of his classes, but I can't justify another trip up north just yet...

He also knows a thing or two about Foresters (he won his class in the Alcan 5000 Winter Rally in 2004 in an FXT). :grin:

I still have a video on my computer somewhere of him flogging my car through a rally-x course last September in Portland... good times!

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
id do it in a heart beat if i was on the west coast and closer

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Signed up, Need helmet

I just signed up, and I can't wait. However I don't have a helmet, so I was wondering if anyone in the area could possible loan me a helmet for the weekend? Or if anyone knows of a place to rent a helmet, or buy one inexpensively? The site said they had loaners, but that it was better to bring your own so you don't miss driving time if there aren't enough. Ski and bike helmets I wear are sized L or XL. I'm on my way out for a week vacation, so if you reply and I don't get back to you right away that's why :)

·
Premium Member
'04 Forester
80 Posts
Primitive Rally Schools

There should be loaner helmets at the event...
Jamie
Next School is a SNOW SCHOOL (and Snow RallyCross) in Jan 2011 then a Stage Rally School in Portland in early Spring 2011, then a RallyCross School in Santa Rosa in first week of May 2011, and an ADVANCED RallyCross school in Portland in late May.

Just finished a successful school last weekend 19 driving students and had 4 navigator students. Was the first school where we used the new ROLLOVER SIMULATOR! check youtube

http://get-primitive.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts