Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
Not sure about the vignetting around the edges, but to each their own. Cool shots none-the-less.

Looks like a blast. Is the tape to protect the paint?

Man I wanna play! HAHAHA

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yeah now that I look at them it's kinda meh.. Thanks for the compliment though!

It was so much fun and yes, the tape was to protect that oh-so-precious Subie paint :lol:

You need to go rally! You'll be addicted in 2 seconds :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
I'll have to repost my iphone pics of Matt's 420-mobile that we taped up while he sat in class Friday night. :lol:

And a few from Saturday... reposts from FB:

Our 10 year-old niece after the ride of her life in Paul Eklund's rally car:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks really fun. I hope to do this someday.
Did you do any modification to the car to do this kind of rally?
You really should, it was an amazing experience! :biggrin:

And yes, you need to do the "Painter's Tape Mod" to keep yo' paint all nice and .. uh nice :lol:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
You really should, it was an amazing experience! :biggrin:

And yes, you need to do the "Painter's Tape Mod" to keep yo' paint all nice and .. uh nice :lol:
I would just be scared to break something on my FXT!:icon_eek:
If it wasn’t for that, I would try to find a place to do it. I think that TwoFast where the mod was made on my car has a rally school.

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
LOL, you guys should've seen the piles of "collateral damage" in the pit area. :lol: Fender liners galore... But the only car that suffered damage other than just body parts was a VW Golf with a broken CV axle. He fixed it before the end of the day, though!

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh don't be afraid, breaking stuff is all in good fun! And yes, there were literally piles of car parts on the side of the tracks.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Hmmm... I'm going to go buy an old farm now and hold these on a regular basis!
wait, nevermind... I don't have that kind of money :lol:

Looks like a blast guys, I'd love to rip it up in the mud like that sometime.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I have a farm, and a Subbie... and I use both of them together quite regularly. I just don't have anyone to take pictures. :lol:

Looks like you guys had fun! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
LOL, you guys should've seen the piles of "collateral damage" in the pit area. :lol: Fender liners galore... But the only car that suffered damage other than just body parts was a VW Golf with a broken CV axle. He fixed it before the end of the day, though!
Don't forget the Ford ????? that came in on FIRE!!!1:evilatyou:

I would love to quit my job and play in the mud all day... So fun and Subies are so damn tough.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't forget the Ford ????? that came in on FIRE!!!1:evilatyou:

I would love to quit my job and play in the mud all day... So fun and Subies are so damn tough.
Haha quite literally. Guy comes up the street, does a donut, and "HOLY SHI-! HIS FREAKING CAR IS ON FIRE!!!"

Well working = money to go do this on the weekends :woohoo:

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
Gregory caught a few pics of the fire and the extinguishing effort, too. Will have to look for them when I get home today.

·
Administrator
29,450 Posts
Is that car still missing the rear bumper and has a "got bumper?" sticker on it? :icon_biggrin: That's MountainBiker's car.

Stan
Up2Mtns :smile:

It's missing several more body parts now, but yeah, the chunk of missing bumper is his trademark. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts