Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the middle plate installed on their '19? When turning right/after starting when accelerating mine makes a defined buzz. Looking at it while starting I'm thinking maybe the back of the plate contacts the CVT slightly when it's torquing over a bit...but there's a pretty decent amount of clearance so I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this issue and identified the source?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I’ve got the middle plate from Primitive and haven’t noticed any noise. Have you checked the torque of all the fasteners?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured it out: When the engine/transmission torques over from a start (largest amount of movement) it would lightly brush against the back of the plate, hence the noise. I used a blacksmith's leg vise to flatten the tail of the plate down a bit to increase clearance (I'm sure anything would work...I just like saying blacksmith's leg vise because it makes me feel cool for a second). Spoke with Primitive and they said that now they have notched the plate in that area for clearance. Test drove a bit and all is well!

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
614 Posts
I have not had that problem, but do not have the notched version so I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the tips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts