1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Grand Vitara Auto 4wd
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on ordering in April a

2.5i Touring CVT with shipping is $30,945

Subaru's VIP Program allows IMBA members Subaru saving $1,300 - $3,300 off the manufacturer's suggested retail price, without haggling.

Does it include Foresters ? ( IMBA Site doesn't have it on their list of cars from what I see )
What determines what the savings is ? with the 2.5i Touring CVT with shipping being $30,945 what would expect a dealer to offer as a savings / discount ?
Knowing Dealers / Salesman and their games they are trying to max profit and limit a discount.

Id like to know what to expect and to know if I'm getting jerked around to go some where else to buy.

Who has brought a 2014 via the VIP Program and what was sticker price versus sales and saving via VIP Program ?

Knowing what my savings will be will help me decide what I can spend on Options .

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
It should be 2% under the invoice price.

It does include Foresters. Some dealerships do not participate in the program, though, so make sure yours does.

My sticker price was $37,598 and my VIP price was $33,994. That is an automatic savings of $3,604 with no negotiation or haggling at all. I did negotiate on my trade in value, extended warranty, and pre-paid service plan.

·
Registered
2001 Grand Vitara Auto 4wd
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get a list from Subaru

I thought I read some where when you sign up to get your code you enter your zip code and they gave a Dealer that was close by your zip.

Sounds like you can pick and choose which dealer you prefer, a good thing.

Thanks

It does include Foresters. Some dealerships do not participate in the program, though, so make sure yours does.

My sticker price was $37,598 and my VIP price was $33,994. That is an automatic savings of $3,604 with no negotiation or haggling at all. I did negotiate on my trade in value, extended warranty, and pre-paid service plan.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
You can pick which dealer you use.

I initally had the information sent from Subaru to my local dealer of choice (Hudiburg in OKC) and was dealing with them for a while. They could not get anyone to trade, so they could not get me the car I wanted unless we ordered.

I tried going with Sewell in Dallas (possibly Subaru of Plano), but found out they don't honor the VIP program. I ended up going to the dealer 2 hours away in Wichita, KS. They had what I wanted and they honored the VIP program.

I think I emailed the people from Subaru who I had contacted about my VIP program disbursement in the first place. I think that is how I found out the people in Dallas did not honor the program.

Edit: Checked my email... I did reply to the initial email asking to switch to the other dealer in Wichita. I believe they called me to confirm it was okay.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts

I haven't heard of this scheme up until now.

You got a good discount, appx 9.5% off of sticker price.

So how did the VIP scheme apply in your case? Is there a set % discount that they use?

I read that the scheme offers $1300 - $3,300 discount. Is that set in stone, as you got more than that in your purchase?

I guess I'm trying to establish if the discount applied would be the same between different dealers (assuming the same starting price).

You mention It should be 2% under the invoice price. What does that refer to please?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
The price I got is 2% below the deals invoice cost, which is different from MSRP. I will look up the exact numbers when I get home and let you know.

I think the 3,300 is a number based on the average max price of a Subaru. 37,500 is a high price for a Subaru.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
OK thanks Josh.

I've always kind of aimed for about 8% off of a new car, you got a good deal on your one it seems.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
40 Posts
Also tossing in the idea of the Costco Auto pricing. I didn't have the VIP discount, but the Subaru dealer in Fort Worth looked up the pricing under Costco. They showed me both and in my case the Costco pricing matched the VIP discount. So it was definitely nice not having to haggle for a lower price. :rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts