Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it, you'll strip parts off your car.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
....it depends on why your using it and how you're using it. For most folks, I would say to stick with traditional methods.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Make sure you buy one with a brushless motor system. The cheapo ones break.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Walking the dog this morning I past by one of my neighbours 'pressure washing' the side of his mini from 5 inches away; <cringe.. shake head>..

I'm more of a two bucket slow hose kindof guy..:biggrin:

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
I can appreciate the fear in using a pressure washer. However, some of the mud and crap stuck to my FXT wouldn't come off with just a hose.

Just buy a basic unit and you will be fine. If you find that you will not be coating your ride in mud then the hose is the way to go.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
I use my father's Simoniz electric model. It's a basic one that I've been using for years, and I've never had any issues(of it being too strong of a spray).

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys scare me. I think I will stick with the 2 buckets method for now!
It's snowing outside anyway. So I won't be washing it today. hahaha

·
Registered
2005 Forestor
14 Posts
Pressure washing

I have one with a 40 degree nozzle. I use this in the winter just wash off the road grime after a snow storm. No problems its probably even less pressure than the the wands at the car wash.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
When my Forester looks like this, I use a pressure washer:

Mine was a $100 1200 PSI Karcher that I am rather careful in using close to the body. Its just used to get rid of the real bad stuff, then the hand washing takes over. Then I use the washer to clean the driveway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts