Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made an appointment to get my Exedy Stg1 clutch kit and Exedy light flywheel put in June 14. Wish me luck with this in the wifey's daily.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

She is in and I am approaching the 150-200 break in point. The revs are immediate and the car seems so much more responsive with the light fly. The shifting seems to be easier and quite effortless in comparison. The noise requires a change in driving style with less utilization of the motor for decel and more neutral coasting if you want less noise, if there is load it seems to be less noisy which makes sense. I love it and cant wait until the next Autocross but Summer Autocross in FL will kill you dead as a courseworker, so come on Sept.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
12 Posts
What's this I hear about some sort of misfire phantom error when installing a lighter flywheel? Anything like that happen to you?

(my clutch will soon need replacing and I was considering this mod at the same time....2001 S)

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's this I hear about some sort of misfire phantom error when installing a lighter flywheel? Anything like that happen to you?

(my clutch will soon need replacing and I was considering this mod at the same time....2001 S)
The 2.5 has two sensors, I believe, and it isn't a problem as much. I have never had this issue even bouncing off boost cut Autocrossing. FYI mine is LOUD with decel and I have chatter until she I'd warmed up. This is my wife's car and of all the mod this one took her awhile to get used to and with some driving habit changes it is all good now. I love this thing in that it seems that lag is reduced and power is on tap instantly. I had to relearn first gear as I was hitting boost cut due to it coming SO much sooner. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S
12 Posts
Well its probably worth a try. I'd trade the clutch whine (anytime my foot is on the clutch pedal) for some other noise. No turbo for me, but I like the notion of "free" power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts