Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x tourin
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking into buying a Forester, one of the many positive items mentioned in Motor Trend concerning the Forester was the excellent visibility.
A few moments ago, I walked out to my Forester for a trip to the grocery store. I walked behind the vehicle which was parked front facing in the driveway. I entered the vehicle, arranged a few things in the glove compartment. About 20-30 seconds. I started the car and put her in reverse, turned to look behind and something caught my eye in the back window. I could see about 2 inches of the top of a bicycle helmet. It turns out that a little boy of about 5 years of age decided to stop on the sidewalk right behing my vehicle after I was inside. Then about 5 seconds later he started moving again down the sidewalk. If it had not been for the excellent visibility out the back window, I shudder to think what would have happened.
As I drove away I was so thankful for the excellent visibility in this vehicle

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
That's one of my worst fears, running over someone in reverse.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
When looking into buying a Forester, one of the many positive items mentioned in Motor Trend concerning the Forester was the excellent visibility.
A few moments ago, I walked out to my Forester for a trip to the grocery store. I walked behind the vehicle which was parked front facing in the driveway. I entered the vehicle, arranged a few things in the glove compartment. About 20-30 seconds. I started the car and put her in reverse, turned to look behind and something caught my eye in the back window. I could see about 2 inches of the top of a bicycle helmet. It turns out that a little boy of about 5 years of age decided to stop on the sidewalk right behing my vehicle after I was inside. Then about 5 seconds later he started moving again down the sidewalk. If it had not been for the excellent visibility out the back window, I shudder to think what would have happened.
As I drove away I was so thankful for the excellent visibility in this vehicle
Credit also goes to you for making sure you looked, and to him and his parents for the helmet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
one reason I looked at the Forester was the youtube video comparing how far a small kid had to be behind it to be able to see them. Glad to know they were not faking it.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
My '95 Grand Cherokee had damn good visibility for an SUV. Then I got an Infiniti FX, and if not for the back-up camera I'd have to open the hatch and put the seatbacks down to back it. The first day I owned it I removed the rear headrests, permanently. Even the camera doesn't tell the whole story.

Personally, I would not rave about the Forester's rear and rear corner view. The sideview mirrors are kinda small, and that little upsweep of the rear side windows is not a good thing for view. I hate backing it. And I find that the mirror system tells me less than I'm accostomed to. But don't get me wrong.......I love the car, especially going forward!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts