Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Authorities in Baltimore tried to hit up the loony Café Hon for a $800 license for the privilege of hanging their giant pink flamingo over the sidewalk. The Hon's supporters retaliated with an invasion of the plaza in front of City Hall. In the face of such overwhelming odds, the city agreed to "recalculate" the extent of the intrusion into their air rights and halved the fee.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
OMG, that's sweet!

ROFL! :biggrin:

I lived in Baltimore from 1984 (about 9 years old) until 1989 or so. Then went back between '93 and '97 for college.

"The Bird" has become legendary!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Quite funny. I wonder if the city first approached the café with a warning, or went straight to the fine.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing had been up there for years with no complaints. Then an overzealous inspector showed up and gave them a choice to tear down or pay up. He basically invoked the same law that (justifiably I'd say) charges restaurants rent for sidewalk seating.

You can see it at their Web site, along with info about their other zany doings. And take a look here to learn how to talk like a Hon, hon.

All the publicity has probably brought in lots more than $800 worth of new business!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts