Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks:

I drive a February 2002 built S-Turbo (SF5) Forester. Sometime ago some grating noise on cornering and a general whirring sound on driving pointed to a faulty power steering pump which, as per the dealer, carried the P/N 34411FC061 and which the dealer was out of.

I have been looking for the part elsewhere, but ALL searches even on the VIN indicate the wrong part number for my vehicle. Seems that the regular SF5 pumps all came with a top mounted reservoir, while in my case, the reservoir is off to the side and closer the right fender.

Given that my vehicle was prob one of the last production runs before the SG5 came out, I thought that it may have used the pump from this later model, but the completely different part number stumped me until I recently got pictures of the SG5 pump (P/N 34430-SA010). The pump and hose connections look EXACTLY the same as the one in my vehicle, but with a different part number I am hesitant to order.

Has anyone had a similar problem and can anyone confirm whether these pumps are in fact interchangeable?

Thanks...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Why not buy a used part (plenty available for $10-$25). Check car-part.com for a salvage yard near you and go by to inspect and purchase. I've also ordered parts by phone from yards and never been disappointed.

Car-part.com shows cross-over parts and indicates that all pumps are the same.

good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts