Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 Forester Touring with the power liftgate. For a few months my wife had to use a wheelchair while healing from surgery, and I was putting it in the back. Sometimes I didn't get it completely in, causing stress on the system when it closed, which is what has caused the problem.

When the liftgate is closed by either the button on the liftgate or on the dash, most of the time it works fine. However, sometimes it does not make the last tiny "click". Visually it looks closed, but the door ajar light comes on after driving for a bit. If I push on it at this point, I hear the final click. As a workaround, I activate the closer, then give it a final manual push. But this kinda defeats the purpose.

So question: Is there any way to adjust the auto closer to pull just a bit further/harder/tighter? Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
In case the technique above doesn’t work take very close look at the floor tray position and all the weather stripping that may have moved or damaged by the wheelchair.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't seem to be related to the tray, I always make sure it is shoved back. I'll take a closer look at the weather stripping. If I don't see anything, I'll give that reset a try. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts