Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XS Auto
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know this has been brought up a lot before but i was bored a work and just want to know if its really this simple..

If i buy this control

and use these mirrors

do i simply just wire everything together? how about the mirror blinkers? i know these mirrors arent heated (per discription) but can i just swap out the guts for my heated mirrors?

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,988 Posts
I doubt that this will work.

You need to have a motor drive system to fold the mirror in/out under control from the switch.

The mirror you showed does not have a drive system in it. It looks to be a standard up-level trim Forester mirror......with the integrated turn signal but no defrost.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Subaru mirror switches are made by Toyota. I've always thought that a Lexus or Toyota folding mirror switch might be a cheaper way to go than through japanparts.

Like this one for $40 shipped!
Mit Toyota Lexus Scion Outside Door Rear View Power Mirror Switch Folding | eBay

Of course, I'm not positive that the wiring matches up exactly, but I'd bet that there is a good chance it does, or just a little pin swapping and you'll be there.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,988 Posts
Hmmm:

You're right, it does say that the mirrors are power folding…..so perhaps this would work after all?

I stand corrected….

Steve

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Auto -> STI
96 Posts
I would believe they needed a comma in the description. Power, Folding etc etc.. if they really are steal but i doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts