Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy locally who has an over so I could do a wrinkle finish on my custom airbox, tmic splitter and add a new color to the spt intake. I ordered Red and Black VHT wrinkle spray paint, and met with my newfound friend to use his 6 foot over to bake my parts.

After talking for 20 seconds, he makes the comment saying these are way too nice to take a chance with spray paint. I will powdercoat them for you:biggrin: So he did, and they look so awesome!

Photos

Hanging the parts awaiting powder.

Adding powder

Hanging them outside to help the ool down time

Better photos of the finish

And yes, He is a car guy. He will be doing my intake manifold wrinkle red at some point, as well as my wheels and brake calipers. A photo of one of his toy. Notch back 347 stroker 402whp all motor

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
I've seen people buy old ovens to do this in the backyard but a 6 foot oven is sweet. Parts look great ! I can imagine that Ford is rather quick. I was following a dark grey one today, looked like an 88 Notchback.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen people buy old ovens to do this in the backyard but a 6 foot oven is sweet. Parts look great ! I can imagine that Ford is rather quick. I was following a dark grey one today, looked like an 88 Notchback.
He has a 3 car garage set up for this. He said he plans to build a 30x40 building for his toys and his powder work(he stays home with the kids, wife works, he does powder on side for play money)

And yes, that mustang is quick. 100mm TB!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Those turned out well!

I can't figure out what the best color for brakes would be. I think I'll go Silver with black writing.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
they turned out really nice!!!!! Can't wait to see the installed pics.

I can't figure out what the best color for brakes would be. I think I'll go Silver with black writing.
+1
when I had my first fxt that was psm I bought a set of brembos of of a rally sti for dirt cheap since they were beat up, had them rebuilt and repainted silver w/ black lettering. never got a chance to install them though

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
So who did the paint for the text ? And how did they get the graphics correct ? I've always wondered how that works, paint shops around here would never do graphics. They just spray it gold and say here you go.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really wanted the intake (spt) to be wrinkle red. I might have him respray it red to match my inlet and soon to be red manifold. I have to pull the tmic and polish it up and then install all of the parts.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Hmmm... might be too much red? You might like the contrasting colors
no such thing as too much red in an engine bay. There was an sti @ the annapolis subaru show that had a red intake manifold(obviosuly) plus he had the aps fmic and aps intake so there was crinkle red everywhere and it was a thing of beauty

1 - 20 of 39 Posts