·
Registered
04 Forester XT automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,
my name is Joe
my user name is DJN9.

I have posted a somewhat lengthy tire buying guide post, with possible suggestions and additional info to research
please find my post under my user name and tires
over 1000 users have review the post

today, I am wondering of someone from the the forester community could provide assistance. I am asking for some assistance on what to request for my 100k inspection from my Subaru gold plus extended warranty program. It expires tomorrow. I know it is late, but I thought I would ask for help. My 2004 FXT has treated me ok since I bought it with 28k, there was and ac issue and a bearing issue, and a cold weather flash grinding noise issue, so I think that perhaps my particular vehicle was worse than the rest. I understand Karma happens, as i was able to get a Ford Taurus 1993 to 283000 miles after 1 engine change.
However, there have been a number of problems with this particular vehicle.
Of a major issue is a raw gasoline leak into the engine compartment by the turbo inlet (not covered for some reason regarding hoses) caused by the factory not tightning the hose clamps properly.

However, of current issue is the following:
1) grind from transmission from 1-2? at approx 23 mph
2) grind from transmission at approx 35
3) large front and rear diff clunk sound of off load off pedal around 20-25
4) sharp left turn clunk/grind from standing start (perhaps cv?)5)
5) power steering pump issue from only one side when at side stops
6) and what is the deal with cv joint issues, how can I tell if bad, there is some backwards clunk clunk clunk grinding noise sometimes

I have investigated tires quite a bit and put alot of research results into my post for the subaru forester community good.
Therefore, I am asking those knowledge in drivetrain issues if they could please reply with their summary suggestions on the issues. :)
I think you will find the tire info provided is quite useful.
thanks for your assistance
good day
Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts