Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My brothers 96 outback finally blew the head gaskets at 160k miles, so had to drop it at the dealership. Not a long tow and very cold temps, so not too worried about beating up the foz too bad, was quite impressed on how well it did, this was well over 5000 pounds total.

Towed great, never was over 45 mph but zero issues or scares, just took my time, the turbo really helps, once spooled it tows like a beast!

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester
22 Posts
Wow very impressive pics. Was toying around the idea of towing a S13 (about 1200kg) on a car carrier (500kg) some time ago. Came to the conclusion that the foz might not be able to handle the load, and even if it does, I might be the slowest thing on the road. Mine's an NA.

·
Banned
09 Forester XT
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow very impressive pics. Was toying around the idea of towing a S13 (about 1200kg) on a car carrier (500kg) some time ago. Came to the conclusion that the foz might not be able to handle the load, and even if it does, I might be the slowest thing on the road. Mine's an NA.
I kept my rpm's up higher than normal with the autostick and took it very safe, but I definately think the turbo helped, regardless I didn't rev it much more than 3500 the whole time, if you revved yours a little more that top end power would kick in and work fine. The body and suspension and brakes all did better than I honestly expected towing with 3/4 tons before.

Thanks for the kind words:woohoo:.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Forester
22 Posts
I kept my rpm's up higher than normal with the autostick and took it very safe, but I definately think the turbo helped, regardless I didn't rev it much more than 3500 the whole time, if you revved yours a little more that top end power would kick in and work fine. The body and suspension and brakes all did better than I honestly expected towing with 3/4 tons before.

Thanks for the kind words:woohoo:.
Thanks for the advice, am more likely to give towing a go now, probably a thought for next year!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts