Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
395 Posts
Just In Case...

Just in case you didn't think my car was lowered 5-6"!
And just a nice find/comparison in the handicap parking at AAA.

Custom Built BC Digressive Valved Coil Overs Camber Spherical Fronts, Sperical Rears on Swift 8K Springs. ISC Rear Control Arms, Perrin 25mm Rear Swaybar front PSRS Front Contol Arms Rear Caster Bushings and Steering Lockdown Kit. SuperPro Front Control Arm Bushings, Rear Upper Arm Bushings. WhiteLine Front Drop Kit, Front Swaybar Endlinks, Rear Half Spherical Endlinks, Toe Arms, and Diiff Lock Down Kit. Cusco F&R Type OS Strut Tower Braces, Rear Diff Carrier, Front Chassis Bracing, Rear F&R Chassis Bracing, and Rear Swaybar Brace. Front OEM Swaybar.

Cadillac Brembo Front Swap with STI DBA T3 4000's. Rear StopTech Slotted Rotors. Mann Engineering SS PTFE Brake Lines. Hawk HP+ Pads. Radium M/C Brace. Complete ATE Type 200 Flush.

Forged TSW's 19x8 +35 Shod with 255/45/19 Michelin PS A/S 3+ Tires.

Front has been rolled slightly with inner liner trimming F&R. Rolling the rear is crazy to even think about. A three step process which includes bumper & fender trimming and bending the pinch weld sectiotn where the door meets the fender. With my springs I don't rub and I can't really go any lower since I'm running the Perrin headers with custom spacers. It lowers the position of the skid plate. My ground clearance is probably around 3" now!

Sent from my Keone's Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Forester
11 Posts
Here’s my work in progress, 1998 Forester L automatic that I was originally building for my wife. Sitting on WRX struts with STI springs. I think it gives it the perfect functional ride height. I might throw on some Tein S techs left over from my GC8 that I sold to my boy that has more time to work and play with it. I plan on going with 225/45r18 tires when the current tires wear out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Subaru 5sp
86 Posts
Hello all- I am getting ready to purchase suspension for my '07 FXT and was wondering if anyone has used the H&R OE Sport Springs for an 04-07 STI on 02-03 AGX WRX struts. They're only a 0.75"F/0.5"R lower than the stock STI springs, but I'm still worried they'll be too low (really just want an OEM look).

I can't find a used set of STI springs anywhere and a new set is $322 from subarugenuineparts.

The only car I've found running this setup, and he's still running a 1/4" spacer up front and 1/2" out back: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2504818

Fxt OE Sports1 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr
Fxt OE Sports2 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X RWD JDM 6mt
455 Posts
Hello all- I am getting ready to purchase suspension for my '07 FXT and was wondering if anyone has used the H&R OE Sport Springs for an 04-07 STI on 02-03 AGX WRX struts. They're only a 0.75"F/0.5"R lower than the stock STI springs, but I'm still worried they'll be too low (really just want an OEM look).

I can't find a used set of STI springs anywhere and a new set is $322 from subarugenuineparts.
Get a set of Mach V springs from fastwrx.com to pair up with those struts. $225. That will be a killer ride height (it's what i'm using, no spacers)

General rule:
WRX struts 3in lower (OEM springs)
STI Struts 4in lower (OEM springs)
STI OEM springs are 1/2in to 1in lower than WRX

So WRX struts with STI lowering spings is going to put you 4.5in to 5in lower, and thats why he is running strut spacers.

·
Registered
2007 Subaru 5sp
86 Posts
Get a set of Mach V springs from fastwrx.com to pair up with those struts. $225. That will be a killer ride height (it's what i'm using, no spacers)

General rule:

So WRX struts with STI lowering spings is going to put you 4.5in to 5in lower, and thats why he is running strut spacers.
I hadn't considered that- so you're saying that the Mach V springs for a WRX essentially put you at the same ride height as the stock STI springs will when used with the 02-03 AGXs?

·
Registered
2007 Subaru 5sp
86 Posts
^exactly

I would like to add, that my picture was with a 3/8" rear spacer that has now been removed because of the larger gap out back you see.
Awesome, thank you for that idea! That'll save me $100 over the stock STI springs and get me a touch more spring rate.

·
Registered
04 WRX wagon 5-speed
18 Posts

General rule:

Looking sharp

·
Registered
1999 Forester GT Manual
19 Posts
Tein Street Basis coilovers. Don't go low enough for my liking but picked them up for $500 brand new off a mate so can't complain. Will be going some BC BR coils to suit GD WRX eventually.

·
Registered
2013 Manual
53 Posts
Raceland Primos for 02-07 WRX with shorter Swift springs in the back. Frame notch in the front and tubs in progress. 18x9.5 et30 front and 18x9.5 et35 rear. 245/35 tires
So I also ended up doing
RWD conversion and front wheel tubs with minor bay shave and ABS delete. Was able to go about 1.5" or so lower. See below. I gutted the viscous center diff and welded together the center diff for the RWD conversion. Turned the axles into stub axles. I can do this for you if you send me your diff. Or bring me the car.

1381 - 1395 of 1395 Posts