Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
23 Posts
Added some new springs today. Eibach Pro Kit for 2004 STi. I previously had 2003-2004 KYB AGX's with '07 STi springs but it wasn't quite low enough for my liking.
Now I think it may be too low, so I may return these and go with RCE "regular guy lowering springs" or get some spacers from Subtle.
Tire size is 225/55 17, it's time for new tires so I'll probably go with 50 or 45 series, haven't decided yet.

2003-2004 KYB AGXs with 2007 STi springs 225/55 17

Same struts and tires Eibach Pro Kit for 2004 STi

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
23 Posts
Swapped out the Eibachs for some 04 STi RCE "regular guy" springs. Also changed the tires to BFG G-Force Comp A/S 225/50 17. Not sure how I feel about the tires, the sidewall with the tread on it kind of bugs me. Also the 50 series has increased my wheel gap more than I thought it would.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Swapped out the Eibachs for some 04 STi RCE "regular guy" springs. Also changed the tires to BFG G-Force Comp A/S 225/50 17. Not sure how I feel about the tires, the sidewall with the tread on it kind of bugs me. Also the 50 series has increased my wheel gap more than I thought it would.

Thoughts?
225/50 are better than 225/55, I even ran 225/45s and liked them even more. Height looks alrigh, still low (if it looks good, it's too low lol), but if it's working for you -- awesome. You definetly need the roll center adjustment kit. I'd run 1/2" spacers but you seem to want to be low, so that's counter-productive. The ProKit looks like it was not useable, way too low.

Stan

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
23 Posts
225/50 are better than 225/55, I even ran 225/45s and liked them even more. Height looks alrigh, still low (if it looks good, it's too low lol), but if it's working for you -- awesome. You definetly need the roll center adjustment kit. I'd run 1/2" spacers but you seem to want to be low, so that's counter-productive. The ProKit looks like it was not useable, way too low.

Stan
Does the WRX roll center kit fit our cars? Also I understand it corrects suspension geometry, how necessary is this for a daily driver vs an auto x car? I definitely want to prolong the life of my suspension and better handling is always a bonus.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Does the WRX roll center kit fit our cars? Also I understand it corrects suspension geometry, how necessary is this for a daily driver vs an auto x car? I definitely want to prolong the life of my suspension and better handling is always a bonus.
Yes, check oakos.com, same kit as STi and WRX. Improves turn-in, less understeer. Can be PITA to install.

Stan

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
395 Posts
OK, OK. I know I'm not in the "low" category, but my setup has surprised more than one Bugeye WRX and a new stock STI! Not to mention many an M3. hahahaha
Mann Engineering Lowering Springs .95" drop all four corners on Stock Struts. (If you don't want to dump your Forester I can't say enough about the performance of these springs due to the rates being in proper proportion compared to stock). If you compare them to the other companies out there you start to wonder where/how these other companies came up with their rates. If you look at Swifts rates they are right in line pretty much on the softer side of the coilover replacement springs you can get from them.
Other suspension mods are Kartboy endlinks front and rear, Subaru OEM rear 20mm swaybar, and Cusco front strut tower brace. Of course one of the number one suspension upgrades are the tires 235/55/18 Michelin Premier A/S.

·
Premium Member
2015 Forester XT Touring Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
395 Posts
Man I really wanted to build an '06-08. FXT.

I really like my car but I absolutely miss/love the wagon style of om 9 9 S and '06 Premium!

Maybe sometime soon there will be an FX-STI in my future. LOL

1341 - 1360 of 1396 Posts