Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1397 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester 2.5x 4 speed automatic
103 Posts
It's nothing special really, it's a tired 151,388 miles as of this evening, 2003 Forester X. I'm slowly but surely working through the neglect the original owner inflicted. The one special thing is the hundreds of rescued kitties from high kill shelters, hoarding, neglect and abusive situations that I've transported to new homes, fosters and the sanctuary I volunteer with. This is the Catmobile.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
28 Posts
RSR Lowering Springs - 15 FXT

Had these installed yesterday.
RSR lowering springs for 15 FXT.

I believe RSR stated that these springs will lower front end max of 1.5" and 1.8 in the rear. I am running Klutch SL14 18x9.5 +30 offset with a 245/50/18 all season radial (cheap) tires. Understand that these wheels will slightly extend the wheel and tire approx. 1 inch out of the wheel well.

First noticible effect of the springs is the power (torque) feels quite a bit more loaded to the ground rather than rear suspension at stock height. Body roll is still there but it has reduced it noticeably. On unequal grained concrete freeways it still has that unseated feel to it like the stock springs exhibited. Sort of feels like it's trying to go to each direction at the same time. On asphalt only slightly unseated. I read that these RSR springs did still exhibit this behavior. It is not bad at all but you who really feel what the car is doing will notice.

bonus on this is that I can run this at a sedan ride height, run wide wheels and tires and no fender rolling was required. If I add a few things I can tie both sides together even more and it will ride on rails.

Next month list to be added.
Front and rear sway - cusco
Front and rear tower brace - cusco

Happy Motoring friends

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
18 Posts
Thanks to everyone sharing. I just joined after being a lurker for a while, and this is one of the main threads I researched before I got my wheels/tires and coil-overs. I'll get some pics up when I get them installed next weekend.

1321 - 1340 of 1397 Posts