Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a used car lot around where i live and this nice 04 forester xt has been sitting there for a while. So i stopped over and actually took a look at it. The hood scoop was faded from the rest of the car and there was little dings here and there but nohtng too big. It had around 90xxx some miles on it and no price. I used to have a 99 forester s and sold it like an idiot to buy an audi a4.

My thing is what should i keep in mind when buying this? like is there any specific work i should ask about to see if they have been done on these modles?

Also, what is a realistic price i should expect? it was going for like 11 grand on kbb in good condition. and this place is apparently looking to do alot off what kbb says according to my friend who's brother almost bouth a vw rabbit of them and they did 5 grand off kbb .

i think 8k would be a fair price. Or am i nuts?

·
Registered
2007 FXT Manual
280 Posts
Paid $7500 for my 04XT manual with 94000 miles.

Paint is also chipped from highway driving and the rear bumper needs to be replaced.

So 8k sounds like a good starting point.

·
Registered
2001 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that what i've been reading. going to test drive it tomorrow hopefully, gonna drive a couple cars first so they dont think im too anxious.

·
Registered
2001 Sport
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just my luck. go to the dealership today and they tell me it's not for sale. then he recommended a ford focus wagon. i just stood up and left. ugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts