Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have been considering taking up Kayaking as a serious hobby. It seems like the forester would make a great vehicle for me along with short camping adventures. My father has a 2008 LL Bean with 20k miles that he is thinking about parting with for a mini. Currently I drive a 2009 Civic SI. I absolutely love this car but I'm afraid it would not work well and lacks a roof rack. Both are in the same price range so it would workout well if I take it.

Few questions:

It has a cd changer. Will a standard double din dvd/nav headunit fit in its place or will i have to order a dash kit? Planning on a shop installing just curious.

What kind of gas mileage will I be average and how far per fill up?

Thanks in advance. This seems like a great car. I wish it was the turbo but these days it's harder to have fun without getting caught.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Look up Alpine IVA-W205 - that's what is installed in our dash.
Gas mileage varies - west coast crap gas screws us up with mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,714 Posts
Welcoem to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

It's always nice to get a vehicle from a known source & from a parent is even better. That's where I got my '03X, which I recently passed on to my son. :wink:

I purchased an '07 FSXT in July & if you look thru my Member Journal, you can see what MODs I've done in 4 months. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
Hello everyone. I have been considering taking up Kayaking as a serious hobby. It seems like the forester would make a great vehicle for me along with short camping adventures. My father has a 2008 LL Bean with 20k miles that he is thinking about parting with for a mini. Currently I drive a 2009 Civic SI. I absolutely love this car but I'm afraid it would not work well and lacks a roof rack. Both are in the same price range so it would workout well if I take it.

Few questions:

It has a cd changer. Will a standard double din dvd/nav headunit fit in its place or will i have to order a dash kit? Planning on a shop installing just curious.

What kind of gas mileage will I be average and how far per fill up?

Thanks in advance. This seems like a great car. I wish it was the turbo but these days it's harder to have fun without getting caught.
First off, welcome from a fellow Tennessean! Whereabouts are you located, if you don't mind my asking? :smile:

Pretty much any double din unit will work, as far as I know.

Gas mileage in our '05 L.L. Bean varies depending on the driver, but I normally get around 25 mixed city/highway out of it. Same goes for my Outback. The Foz gets about 310 miles per fill up, and the Outback around 400 (larger tank). As Bobby said, it is always nice to know the car's history and previous owner. I too, got my car (the Outback) from a parent.

Welcome aboard, feel free to ask any questions or use the search function below the Private Message/Last visit box. We've got a lot of info! :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
The Volunteer State is starting to be better represented! Welcome!

The double-din units with fit just fine and I can't answer you on the N/A Forester gas mileage. I get about 20-21 mpg mixed in my XT, so expect about 4-5 mpg better at least.

Since you're a big kayaker I'm gonna guess you're around the Chattanooga area?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts