Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
294 Posts
Looks like my cars are going to be late.

·
Registered
2019 Premium CVT
67 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring Forester CVT
45 Posts
I'm supposed to take possession of mine on Saturday the 26th of January. The assembly plant listed on my window sticker is Ota, Gunma, Japan, which is not the plant that is mentioned in the shutdown. I'm hoping that means mine is not affected.

EDIT: I just did some more research and all the plants are in the Ota, Gunma province, so I guess that includes the Yajima factory, which is specifically mentioned in one article posted above. Crossing my fingers that my manufacture date is outside the window of suspected units.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Forester Cvt
26 Posts
I'm supposed to take possession of mine on Saturday the 26th of January. The assembly plant listed on my window sticker is Ota, Gunma, Japan, which is not the plant that is mentioned in the shutdown. I'm hoping that means mine is not affected.

EDIT: I just did some more research and all the plants are in the Ota, Gunma province, so I guess that includes the Yajima factory, which is specifically mentioned in one article posted above. Crossing my fingers that my manufacture date is outside the window of suspected units.
5-6 weeks on the water - I think you're fine. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
19 Forester Limited
14 Posts
How can you tell the status of an order, i.e. has the car been built, has it been shipped, etc?
I placed my order in early December, finally received a VIN on Jan 11, was told delivery would be Feb 18.
Would you think the factory shutdown would affect my order?
Thanks
BT

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
904 Posts
5-6 weeks on the water - I think you're fine. Keep us posted.
I don’t think cars spend anywhere 5-6 weeks on the water nowadays. At least, mine didn’t.

In my case, I ordered my Touring the last week of August 2018 and it was at my dealer October 5th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts