Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Top of the turbo issues I posted about, I think my bypass valve is sticking open. when trying to diagnose the sound I am getting, I pulled the hose off the bpv just to listen and I can hear air while in boost. I also noticed the the car has a tendency to want to stall out when I get off the gas (did stall once). I'm guessing that this goes back to the whole going rich briefly due to metered air being vented debate that I've been reading.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
On Top of the turbo issues I posted about, I think my bypass valve is sticking open. when trying to diagnose the sound I am getting, I pulled the hose off the bpv just to listen and I can hear air while in boost. I also noticed the the car has a tendency to want to stall out when I get off the gas (did stall once). I'm guessing that this goes back to the whole going rich briefly due to metered air being vented debate that I've been reading.
If you don't seal off the big hose running from the BPV, you'll have a massive vacuum leak that will stall the car. That hose runs right to the intake tract, same thing happens if you pull off the brake booster or any other vac hose.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't seal off the big hose running from the BPV, you'll have a massive vacuum leak that will stall the car. That hose runs right to the intake tract, same thing happens if you pull off the brake booster or any other vac hose.
I did seal it off and still ran like crap. I put it back on and the car runs much better now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts