Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just been talking to JGM (AKA Simon, Jolly Green Monster) about remapping my XT when I fit the TD04 that I've bought :rock:.

He mentioned the possibility of a remap group buy on 30th June at Subaru4U in Newbury so we can map on their rolling road as well as on the actual road for the best of both worlds. Depending on numbers, he may be able to do the 29th as well.

I'm waiting for him to get back to me with prices and required numbers etc so this is just to gauge interest at this stage.

Depending on interest, I may also be able to talk to S4U to see if they can do anything on group rates for any other work you may want to get done - English Ben, I'm thinking of your APTD04H, WRX struts etc etc etc here! ;o)

Let me know if you're interested and what level of mapping you'd require (i.e. first time EcuTek, minor tweak to existing map e.g. for a decat pipe, major tweak to existing map e.g. for a new turbo).

Cheers

Ian

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just heard back re prices:

Minor remap (previously done by JGM): £150
Major remap or minor not done by JGM: £300
New remap (inc EcuTek license):£550

All prices exclude VAT. 10% discount on the above prices if there are more than three people interested.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
For those that do not know of the JGM, he is a GOD in the subaru tuning world !

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
I have had two maps from Simon

both on the road

and he stayed with it untill he was happy

Needless to say when he is happy with the map, its as good as its going to get

top bloke and any issues only a phone call or email away

if ever your in the market for a map big thumbs up for JGM aka Simon

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Yeah, I'm in if we get the 10%. Suspension is being sorted by Greenwood Racing but I need a map (first time ECUTEK).

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
I've talked to Simon about checking something on my map, and suggested that it would make sense if it was done at S4U if this goes ahead.

So bumping the thread ...

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
problem is when

I would if I can ever get round to fitting the ported and wrapped headers, up pipe, and big top mount

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
just read the first post

i cant make June

never mind maybe next tme

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JGM is at S4U about once a month so if you guys want to organise going a bit later then I would just contact him directly... basically, he'll do a 10% discount if 3 or more people book with him at once. Also, if there's a more convenient location for you all then Simon can come to you.

I'm going to duck out of this one as I've managed to get a slot with Bob Rawle, who did my orignal map, sooner than I expected. Bob, Simon and Andy Forest are pretty much the three most sought after mappers in the country so this is no disrespect to Simon, it's just that as Bob did my original map, it works out quite a bit cheaper for me to use him.

Depending on if/when you guys book in with Simon, I may well pop down for a power test on S4Us rolling road while you're there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts