Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently own my first Subaru, 2010 Legacy GT, 6MT love the car. Thinking of trading it in for a 04-08 XT. I really like the power and handling of the Legacy, but my other passion is fishing. I find carrying up to 8 rods, tackle bags, 2 kids, live eels etc. doesn't always work. A truck would be better, but I find them boring. The 10 Legacy's are pretty quick, lot's of torque (I grew up driving and racing 5.0 mustangs). I have never launched it but like the power driving up long highway entrance ramps. I commute 80 miles a day with the cruise set a 72 the whole way, no traffic. I've seen some very low mile Auto xt's that were in excellent condition, but honestly not a big fan of autos. The manual transmission cars as you all know are very rare. I will probably perform some light mods, up-pipe downpipe exhaust, tune. Do you all feel I can live with the XT everyday, will the power be enough? If I find the right one will it be reliable? Do the auto really rob that much power, even when tuned?

·
Registered
09 F150 FX4 6 sp Auto
192 Posts
Tough question...I mean, a 6sp legacy gt sounds awesome, so I guess it depends on how often you're fishing and what the change is worth to you. My XT is totally stock but I've always thought stage 1 tune would be perfect in terms of gas bill and power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts