Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Forester starting acting possessed. The lights start blinking and the horn starts honking and then stops. It can start and stop several times and then not happen for days. Changed the battery because it registered as weak, then it started happening again. Help!!!!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
Security system? Is it possible you may be accidentally hitting the panic button on the key fob?

·
Registered
2004 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it sounds like when the panic button is pressed but not so loud. And no I am not hitting the button or even close.

·
Registered
2009 Forester (MT)
226 Posts
Yes it sounds like when the panic button is pressed but not so loud. And no I am not hitting the button or even close.
Maybe your neighbor has another Subaru with the same code, and presses the panic button on his remote just to see you running around :biggrin: Or maybe you lost one of the remotes and he found it? I remember long ago when living in Sacramento: every now and then my garage door would open by itself, but i could never figure which of my neighbors had the same key codes as mine. Once it happened three times I realized that it wasn't me pressing the remote's button. That's when I changed the code on the opener and the remote.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
14 Posts
Faulty battery?

A few years back, my roommate and I were in his chevy S10 after a long drive. When he turned the car off, the speedometer, tachometer, blinkers and a few other things started randomly moving, blinking etc.

It turns out, his battery had started leaking. The remote starter was conveying the electricity from the acid leaking out to random parts of the car. He replaced the battery, disconnected the remote starter, and the problem never came back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts