Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used THESE (or a similar product):

Part of me thinks they won't work because between your tire an the non-traction surface below (ice, snow, mud, sand, etc.), your wheel will shoot it out the back/front... Then again, that's why I'm asking

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
They might work, ya never know. I've used carpet remnants to get cars unstuck before. Also used grates from a drainage trench to get a Semi truck unstuck from the icy parking lot at my shop. Blankets will work too, it just depends on how stuck you are. When you should consider a shovel is when the grates, blankets, and carpet remnants get traction and shoot out the other side, if you find that the vehicle moves a few feet, then pick them back up and keep sticking them under your tires until you get out of the predicament.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
i've seen people use planks of wood before so i assume would work..

...until you're off the planks again and stuck in the same stuff just two feet down.. lol

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
I've seen things go flying out from under the wheel at a high rate of speed. Mostly floor mats and bits of ply wood. I'd suggest not standing behind the car when trying anything out ;)

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,949 Posts
What about our floor mats? Those are handy... wait, I wouldnt sacrifice weathertech if I had them though.. lol

Im curious if these would work too...
I tried this the other day when I got high-centered in a burm and they just shot out the back x]

Don't even bother, it's a waste of time and floor mats!

(I ended up having a neighbor tow me out, how embarrassing!)

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Perhaps some time this winter someone will have the chance to try something like these. Good info on the jeans though :)

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
I'm sure these work fine, I've had success with floor mats with both RWD and FWD, mainly just puts some solid material between your tire and the quickly disappearing snow, thats the main goal here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts