Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Flat or Gloss Black

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, going to be upgrading my forester over the next two weeks. The plan is a 1" lift, BFG All Terrains and I have a set of 5 Spoke steel wheels from a '06 that I will be powder coating black. I have a 2009 X/Premium in Blue.

Question is should I powder coat the wheels in a flat black or a gloss black.

Thanks!

6/28 Poll Added

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
Hmmm...

Go gloss black. Easier to clean. I have matte black OZ's and they are a pain to keep clean. Especially with all the brake dust.

Drop us a line if you have any questions on the 1" lift kit. They are in stock and will ship using USPS Priority Mail.

Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
404 - poll not found.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
I'm trying to decide the exact same thing...gloss or flat black???? on white Foz. Get that poll up and running so I can leach of it..:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
2002 Forester
292 Posts
I'm wondering if the gloss black will retain is gloss for very long, unless you clearcoat it, or something.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Can you do a gunmetal type color? I always thought those 5 spoke steelies looked great in a graphite/gunmetal. Otherwise, if black, I'd stick with gloss. Flat black steel wheels tend to look like they've been rattlecanned by hand.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
Both look good, but like subtle mentioned, flat has lots of pockets that just love soaking up debris, and it's not easy to clean out after.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lift Kit

Hmmm...

Go gloss black. Easier to clean. I have matte black OZ's and they are a pain to keep clean. Especially with all the brake dust.

Drop us a line if you have any questions on the 1" lift kit. They are in stock and will ship using USPS Priority Mail.

Can't wait to see pictures!
I will be ordering the kit from you guys in a few days!.. Thanks!

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Why not Semi-gloss. You'll have the best of both. :chair: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
136 Posts
To me, flat black looks like it hasn't been finished yet, so I'd go with at least semi-gloss. Gunmetal isn't a bad idea either!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts