Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Poised to become an owner

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Superru 
#1 ·
Hello! My husband and I are about to become Forester owners - will be putting in an order for a 2020 Touring model once the 2020s hit the showroom and we can be sure that what we like about the 2019 doesn't change significantly. Currently driving a 2014 GMC Terrain, and wanting a change due to accessibility issues. We're not getting any younger - I had both knees replaced and hubby has Parkinson's. He's having a lot of trouble getting in and out of the Terrain - it has very high swells on the bucket seats, making it quite an effort for him to clear the edge. We were told that the Forester is one of the easiest vehicles to get in and out of, so we started looking at them. We also looked at a Kia Sorento, but after seeing the Forester, knew that we would never buy a Kia. The only reason we are not placing our order now, is some fine detail questions - that probably can't be answered until the 2020s are in the showrooms - i.e. will the paint colors be the same? Will the brown leather interior color be the same? We loved the seats in the 2019 - will they be the same seats? We are thinking Horizon Blue, and are waffling about leather colors - so we will wait until some are on the floor so we can see examples of each. I am leaning toward wanting the brown, but would love to see the blue/brown combo in person before I jump. Luckily, with the Touring model, there's not too many decisions to be made about the things that really count - its already all there. We are just nervous about pulling the trigger and placing an order until we see the actual vehicles to put our minds at rest. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. It is good that you are looking to make sure the 2020 Forester is not significantly different than the 2019 instead of the other way around (hoping there are significant changes). Subaru goes to great length to minimize the changes between years even when transitioning from generation to generation. If you like the 2019, I am confident you will like the 2020. It shouldn't be too long before they are available.

I can't respond to the ease of access and would encourage anyone concerned to try it out and see if it matches your needs as you have done. Did you look at the Outback? I believe that is a little lower and might be even easier to get into, depending on what works best for you.

I will say that the Forester is one of the last vehicles on the road that has great viability. The windows are large enough to actually see what is around you instead of depending on cameras and sensors. That said, I am amazed with the safety features and love to have them in the vehicle my family is in.

Welcome to the forum and the Subaru family. You will love it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.