Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 21 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Crystal Black Silica
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leased my new '20 Forester Sport - Crystal Black Silica with package 24 on 1/9/20. I installed an AEM Cold Air Intake, and enjoy the sound and responsiveness. I plan to tint the front windows, and vinyl wrap/plasti dip the orange on exterior once it starts warming up in Eastern WA.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
244 Posts
As long as you return it to OEM, you can do whatever you want. I suspect the owner has the original parts to install after the lease is up.

To the OP, do you have a sound clip of the engine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as you return it to OEM, you can do whatever you want. I suspect the owner has the original parts to install after the lease is up.

To the OP, do you have a sound clip of the engine?
Correct - I always keep boxes and stock parts, in the event I need to return to OEM. I do not have a sound clip yet, as I have under 800 miles on the motor and don't stomp on it too often. It's fairly quiet in low rpm's, but sounds pretty good 4k and more.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
11 Posts
What tires did you put on it? And did you keep the stock size? That looks pretty sweet, though admittedly the orange trim grew on me on mine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Was the removal of the original trim easy? Just a 3m tape for removal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carbon fiber goes right over the top of the orange. I was pleased with the outcome, so I ordered covers for the orange air vents. I'll be sure to post a pic of the back side; as it comes with tape already applied.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sweet. I was on the fence on ordering but If it just applies over the original trim then I might get it myself. Although, I'm worried about fitment.
I was told the vents need to be removed for the trims. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went ahead and ordered from Amazon and I got the center consol, the two vents, and as a added bonus I got the dash trims as well to give it a uniform look.

·
Registered
2019 Forrester Touring CVT
100 Posts
I purchased a carbon piece to cover the top of the shifter, I didn't like the shiny black that was constantly looking smudged. Check out Aliexpress.com

1 - 21 of 40 Posts