Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, after trying to find the XT forester that I would like so much (An automatic, cloth int., white/black or gold would be "okay", low mileage '04/'05 for a REASONABLE price "not $14k) I'm considering a 2003 Land Rover Discovery. It gets about half the mileage but interior and ride is more plush, and I really only need this vehicle for snow season and 20 miles of driving/week. I'm well aware that this car is not practical, and if gas goes up to 4 bucks a gallon, those 20 miles would cost me about 6 bucks.
If I can't find the right Forester XT, what other subies would be good options? I think the outbacks are absurdly mundane, but for a good deal and the fun/safety of the XT, I would consider. Any suggestions?

For an idea, I've been considering:
the forester (would also be open to buying something like Pleiad7's gorgeous 1998)
Audi A6 avant
VW 4motion wagon
Infinity QX4
E320 4matic Benz
I would consider a CRV or RAV4 but everyone seems to think that they are worth what they were off the lot.
My ideal car is the A3 TDI, but I don't have that kind of cash.

Even the cars that are posted on this site, I see people having their cars up for sale, XT's, for 12,000 with the comment below, "I sold mine in 2006 for 10,500.) Where are the people with 80k mile xt's, with maintenance done, for $9k? I thought we were in a recession...

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
How about Nissan Pathfinder/Infinity QX4? They can be had pretty cheap (at least around here) are are very nice. You may be limited to 2004 or earlier based on budget but still some goods buys out there.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
I dunno, but I thought this was a fantastic deal: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f93/fs-s-f-ca-2004-fxt-70101/

The seller is a friend of mine, and my husband (Roo) and I personally installed the STi upgrades on this car. Yes, it needs a bit of maintenenance, but for an XT with STi power I think the price is more than fair. :shrug:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that one tempted me, especially because I don't want a modded Forester, but if I did, I would JUST want the turbo upgrade, but the auto tranny dealing with SF streets, and the oil leak made me leery. I did find an '05 XT auto fully serviced, w/ 106k miles, for $10,500 that I'm gonna go look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts