Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to pull my hair out! The tires I want are General Grabber HTS for my 07 L. L. Bean. But can't find them in the size I want....215/60/16.

I believe in Consumer Report and they're recommended by them. I want good traction and low noise. Wet braking is important in Florida, too. The Grabbers have all that.

Also looking at B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A.

I have the original geolanders and they seem decent but have 40k on them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Rick

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
when you are looking at the light truck tires like the Grabbers you may have problems getting the stock 60 series size, they are listed on trie rack as 70 series and up.. 215/60/16 Grabbers may not exist.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when you are looking at the light truck tires like the Grabbers you may have problems getting the stock 60 series size, they are listed on trie rack as 70 series and up.. 215/60/16 Grabbers may not exist.
You're right, they don't exist. I made a few phone calls.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't get the Generals. Decided on B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A advantage.

Do you think they'll do the job? Can't find many review for that tire on line. And I'm getting tired of looking!

Rick

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I ordered them and will have them installed tomorrow. I hope they're the right tire. After further research I see there are many versions of the T/A. I'm not sure which ones I'm getting now but think they're the Traction T/A T's.

The person I talked to at the dealer understands I have a Forester that I use off road occasionally for camping, and drive the Interstate 60 miles a day.

Will call them in the morning to verify.

Which version do you guys use?

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the Traction T/A's yesterday and so far very nice. Only have driven them in town and can't wait for a trip down some forest road!

The Yoko's were more worn than I realized. They had tread left but looked as if they had been used under-inflated as the outsides were more worn. Seemed like they might have been pretty good tires when new. Not too shabby.

But the BFG's are equally smooth so far. Haven't driven over 55mph yet. I read lots of user reviews and some people complained about how noisy they are. I'm not experiencing that at all. It's kind of like they're invisible. But only put about 100 miles on them in 24 hrs. They're not all-terrain tires after all, just all-season.

Looking forward to Sevierville this Thanksgiving to visit my sister and her family in Knoxville! Don't know much about Sevierville except it's on the western borders of Smoky Mt. Nat'l Park on US 441. Might have driven through it in the past.

Hope to test them in some snow! Hope to test my own self in the snow! :biggrin:

I really wanted the General Grabbers. Any opinions on the difference between these two tires?

Ever been to Sevierville, Tn?

Rick

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Got the Traction T/A's yesterday and so far very nice. Only have driven them in town and can't wait for a trip down some forest road!

The Yoko's were more worn than I realized. They had tread left but looked as if they had been used under-inflated as the outsides were more worn. Seemed like they might have been pretty good tires when new. Not too shabby.

But the BFG's are equally smooth so far. Haven't driven over 55mph yet. I read lots of user reviews and some people complained about how noisy they are. I'm not experiencing that at all. It's kind of like they're invisible. But only put about 100 miles on them in 24 hrs. They're not all-terrain tires after all, just all-season.

Looking forward to Sevierville this Thanksgiving to visit my sister and her family in Knoxville! Don't know much about Sevierville except it's on the western borders of Smoky Mt. Nat'l Park on US 441. Might have driven through it in the past.

Hope to test them in some snow! Hope to test my own self in the snow! :biggrin:

I really wanted the General Grabbers. Any opinions on the difference between these two tires?

Ever been to Sevierville, Tn?

Rick

There are about 10 different versions of the Grabber. The traction T/A's are better onroad than any of them. The only good grabbers are the AT2, and those are pretty hardcore offroad tires (the most hardcore that fit the forester)

IF you want a quiet tire, I'd look at something like the goodyear responsedge or something along those lines. Look on tire rack at all the different types of tires. You could spend months picking out tires (I like to try different tires each time, I generally stick to ultra high performance all seasons, but thats more biased toward traction and handling than comfort and low noise)

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are about 10 different versions of the Grabber. The traction T/A's are better onroad than any of them. The only good grabbers are the AT2, and those are pretty hardcore offroad tires (the most hardcore that fit the forester)

IF you want a quiet tire, I'd look at something like the goodyear responsedge or something along those lines. Look on tire rack at all the different types of tires. You could spend months picking out tires (I like to try different tires each time, I generally stick to ultra high performance all seasons, but thats more biased toward traction and handling than comfort and low noise)
I appreciate your input, Funky. However I already have my Traction T/A's on the car. Finally drove over 65mph today and they are just supe fine!

I'll do this again at about 40k miles :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts