Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went for my first beach drive in the new fozzy, was impressed with how well it did and was great fun..except the plastic guard at the front has got a crack through it already!!!

We didnt hit anything whilst on the beach just the sand, is this a normal problem with the foresters on the beach or am i really unlucky the first time i take it offroad!!!.

Does anyone know if they sell a heavy duty guard in WA at all?

·
Registered
2006 XT
60 Posts
Just went for my first beach drive in the new fozzy, was impressed with how well it did and was great fun..except the plastic guard at the front has got a crack through it already!!!

We didnt hit anything whilst on the beach just the sand, is this a normal problem with the foresters on the beach or am i really unlucky the first time i take it offroad!!!.

Does anyone know if they sell a heavy duty guard in WA at all?
Get yourself one of these;

Subaxtreme sump guard, google them. They should post to WA. Your probably looking at just under $400 including delivery.

Cheers.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
472 Posts
How well do the cast aluminum guards resist cracking, as compared to the folded plate type?

·
Registered
19 Posts
To answer your question, yes it is a normal problem for the plastic guard to get damaged (or often ripped off!) when you hit the tracks where larger 4by's have gouged out large tire tracks. The Foz just doesn't have the same clearance as it's big 4x4 cousins.

There's other posts on this board about this, but I believe the sump guard is the way to go.

How did you get on with rust proofing?

Matt

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ordered the sump guard from Subaxtreme, so hopefully my problem will be solved!!.

Do you need to rust guard the fozzy if you drive it on the beach once or twice a month? i wash it down with fresh water at home at present:icon_question:

·
Registered
MY05 Forester
20 Posts
How well do the cast aluminum guards resist cracking, as compared to the folded plate type?
I've had the subaxtreme guard for nearly four years and I've done a fair bit of off-road. I've been on a few tracks where the guard has had a serious workout (Mississippi Track near Healesville was insane). Plenty of whacks, and still no cracks :)

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
bokson, also get some Rally Armor mud flaps (especially fronts) or make your own (template put up by SubieOutlaw) and you'll keep the side of your car looking sparkly after offroad adventures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts