Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone! I have been lurking on this page for a while now and decided to go ahead and join as we are hoping to purchase a Sport this week. Seeing all of the concerns people have shared recently about the Forester has made me slightly anxious about buying, but I appreciate knowing I will be able to find answers as needed on this page, and I realize the concerns are likely the minority. I have read many of the purchase and price paid discussions and hope that will help me get a great deal. This will be my first Forester/compact SUV, but I did own a 2001 Outback and my husband previously owned a WRX. Test drove a CRV, RAV4 hybrid, and CX5 for comparison, and we just like the Forester best. The RAV mpg is very tempting, but the ride felt more like a truck to me and I wasn't sure that's what I wanted for road trips.

If anyone is in the MIssouri/Kansas area and can recommend a great dealer or Subaru shop for any service that needs to be done, I would greatly appreciate it! Happy new year to all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, AussieFan. I just bought a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport with the Package 24 on December 23, 2019.
Package 24 includes the Subaru STARLINK 8.0” Multimedia Plus Audio System, 576 Watt equivalent 9-speaker Premium Hardon Kardon Speakers, blind spot Detection with rear Cross Traffic Alert & Lane Change assist, Reverse Automatic Braking and Power Rear Gaye with Height Memory. It also includes the Wheel Lock Kit and Popular Package #2, which includes Mirror Compass w/ Homelink, cargo net, Ext Auto Dim Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, and All Weather Floor Liners.
MSRP: $33,044.00
Invoice; $30,088.00
-$500 offered loyalty
OTD price w tax and registration fee: $32,274.03
I, too, considered the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, but in the end I liked the looks of the Forester and the ride much better. I love my new Forester. It is fun to drive. It will take me a little while to learn about all the options, but so far I am extremely happy.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport and 2019 Forester Touring
39 Posts
My wife and I bought a 2019 touring in August. No issues and a great car. Then we just bought me a 2020 sport last week. Loving it too. Now to sell the 2016 crosstrek.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get as good a deal as others on the site seemed to get, but I was happy with it. I talked with multiple local dealerships and none of them would go any lower than the price I got, which was $29,907 for the Sport with package 24, popular package #2, splash guards and rear seat covers also included.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correction: one dealership further away from me did offer the Sport for $29,900, so $7 lower, but it did not include splash guards or rear seat covers.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
31 Posts
Seeing all of the concerns people have shared recently about the Forester has made me slightly anxious about buying, but I appreciate knowing I will be able to find answers as needed on this page, and I realize the concerns are likely the minority.
Nearly 8000 miles on our 2019 Forester Sport now. Took a little bit to get used to the way Subaru does things (this is our first Subaru since a new 2002 Forester that we got rid of 10 years ago), but once we did we realized any issues were user error. No troubles with our Forester so far, knock-on-wood. It's been a great car for us and hopefully will continue to be so.

As for the price you got, that's VERY close to what I got through a broker, so I'd be very happy with that price. None of the NY dealers were near it when we went in to talk.

Good luck with your new car, and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nearly 8000 miles on our 2019 Forester Sport now. Took a little bit to get used to the way Subaru does things (this is our first Subaru since a new 2002 Forester that we got rid of 10 years ago), but once we did we realized any issues were user error. No troubles with our Forester so far, knock-on-wood. It's been a great car for us and hopefully will continue to be so.

As for the price you got, that's VERY close to what I got through a broker, so I'd be very happy with that price. None of the NY dealers were near it when we went in to talk.

Good luck with your new car, and Happy New Year!
Thanks, and that's great to hear! This car is MUCH different than my 2001 Outback! The dealer offers a class on all of the features and I will likely attend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Purchased the Sport in navy yesterday!
I didn't get as good a deal as others on the site seemed to get, but I was happy with it. I talked with multiple local dealerships and none of them would go any lower than the price I got, which was $29,907 for the Sport with package 24, popular package #2, splash guards and rear seat covers also included.
I think you did great with the price and the options you got. I also have the Dk. Blue Pearl. It is very sharp.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, and I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am. I really love it so far! I was a little nervous to buy the dark blue as far as dirt showing, but I'm happy I went ahead with it - I think it's gorgeous! We got some snow this week and I was thrilled to be back to AWD!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, everyone! I have been lurking on this page for a while now and decided to go ahead and join as we are hoping to purchase a Sport this week. Seeing all of the concerns people have shared recently about the Forester has made me slightly anxious about buying, but I appreciate knowing I will be able to find answers as needed on this page, and I realize the concerns are likely the minority. I have read many of the purchase and price paid discussions and hope that will help me get a great deal. This will be my first Forester/compact SUV, but I did own a 2001 Outback and my husband previously owned a WRX. Test drove a CRV, RAV4 hybrid, and CX5 for comparison, and we just like the Forester best. The RAV mpg is very tempting, but the ride felt more like a truck to me and I wasn't sure that's what I wanted for road trips.

If anyone is in the MIssouri/Kansas area and can recommend a great dealer or Subaru shop for any service that needs to be done, I would greatly appreciate it! Happy new year to all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, and I hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am. I really love it so far! I was a little nervous to buy the dark blue as far as dirt showing, but I'm happy I went ahead with it - I think it's gorgeous! We got some snow this week and I was thrilled to be back to AWD!
My husband mentioned the same thing, about the dirt showing, but it looks great clean, and it definitely gets looks going down the road. I am amazed at the handling of the Subaru in ice and snow, too. It is definitely surefooted. I am so happy I chose the Subaru Forester Sport. I love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts