Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone confirm that a STi/WRX pitch mount works on our SG FXTs? It sounds like they do but I want to make sure before I buy something.

Also, is there a difference between the stock STi pitch mount and the SPT groupN one? I read on NASIOC somewhere that they are basically the same, but I can't find the post right now.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see. Thanks.

How's the NVH on the Group A one? I don't want something too stiff, just enough to reduce the big jerky movements when I shift in 1st/2nd gear.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Don't mean to thread-jack, but the pitch-stop mount would account for a "creaking" sound coming from the firewall when going to accelerate from a stop, correct? I may need to be replacing mine soon, and I've been also torn between the Groupe N and STi one.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 5MT
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see, thanks guys. I did a search, looks like the groupn ones go for around $50, is that the correct one? i.e. This one

Blue Fox, I replaced my stock TMIC with a STi one, and after that the AC lines seem to be hitting the TMIC accelerating from a complete stop, not sure if yours is similar.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
I think it may be because Subaru is merging all the Group N part numbers into the normal PN system, so now they're under SPT parts (and not stock parts).

·
Registered
08 XT Limited
198 Posts
Just so everybody is clear....if you order the GroupN/STi one from the link above; you will receive part D1040FE000 which is not the one pictured. The one pictured is much beefier.

I'm not happy with Chaplins Auto Group/Genuine Subaru Parts because they will not accept the returned, never mounted item without charging me a 20% restocking charge and the freight at my expense.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Just so everybody is clear....if you order the GroupN/STi one from the link above; you will receive part D1040FE000 which is not the one pictured. The one pictured is much beefier.

I'm not happy with Chaplins Auto Group/Genuine Subaru Parts because they will not accept the returned, never mounted item without charging me a 20% restocking charge and the freight at my expense.
If it looks almost identical to your existing one, you've got the right part.
Subaru started putting the Group N bushings into them. It's an upgrade, it just doesn't look much like one.
refer to this thread for details: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/pitch-mount-49260/

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
820 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts

Yeah, like dude said, it's really only the bushings that make the difference. The dogbone itself is identical to the 06/07 STI (maybe 05 too) dogbone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.