Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
355 Posts
No. It was low grip so no wear. It was only for 15mins anyway. Biblical understeer and a few times got a proper driftoo on. Was fun and they money was for a great cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,480 Posts
That would be me! Well chuffed they used my pic when queuing for the skid pan.

I went there on the skid pan when I was 18 I bet its changed a lot in 30 yrs ! any more pics of the day ?

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
355 Posts
I didn’t take a single pic myself as wanted to just enjoy the cars. Some were very basic and a **** load of BMWs. There was a facelift foz there in the grey/black plate ending MFO. I think they were at prodrive with us.

The mission motorsports guys took loads of the skid pan action but can’t seem to find them.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
355 Posts
I went there on the skid pan when I was 18 I bet its changed a lot in 30 yrs ! any more pics of the day ?
I found this @Lockheed

I'm on Page 6 and 7 onwards. Some quality cars there and some **** boxes. But was very BMW heavy on the skidpan. Was fun to watch the Masarati Gran turismo around the skid pan. The exhaust note was flipping epic!

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,480 Posts
I found this @Lockheed

I'm on Page 6 and 7 onwards. Some quality cars there and some **** boxes. But was very BMW heavy on the skidpan. Was fun to watch the Masarati Gran turismo around the skid pan. The exhaust note was flipping epic!
Some good shots of you getting opposite lock on!!!! Am I right in thing goodwood has a skid pan? ill be going to the estate car day again next year hope it wont be wetter than otters pocket like it was last year

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,098 Posts
Goodwood has a Skid pan, or had one. It was much smaller than the Thruxton looking at the pics. I haven't been in years though and at the time, they provided the cars from memory - some old Sierras amongst others from memory.

Skid pans are great fun to see how things work and more reliable than waiting for snow in a car park

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
355 Posts
Some good shots of you getting opposite lock on!!!! Am I right in thing goodwood has a skid pan? ill be going to the estate car day again next year hope it wont be wetter than otters pocket like it was last year
Yeah they were a couple of moments where we were in a full on 4 wheel drifto and instances of oppo-albeit at just over walking pace 🦸‍♂️ Was epic fun and confirmed what I had long suspected-there is no LSD on the front axle. There was a technique involved to get the rear end out on the low grip surface. If you went in with steering lock and booted the throttle you would just get understeer.

The skid pan at thruxton is a 'P' shaped affair. Couple of cones to navigate around then either go left or right around the circle of cones to initiate and hold a slide. Was entertaining and alarming in equal measures. The skid pan at Goodwood is a square shaped one I believe and have only ever seen the in house BMW cars on it.

I know what you are saying about Estate car sunday. Was a bit damp wasn't it?! 🐡🐠🐟🐬

1 - 10 of 10 Posts